Disturbing the sound of silence
2015.06.03 02:53 Disturbing the sound of silence
Minions are a marketing ploy introduced in 2010. They are now the Facebook mascots of seventh graders, way2random girls, grandmothers, Donald Trump and obnoxious people.
2019.09.18 03:45 Too_MuchWhiskey MegaMemeLounge
If you're an excellent memer or love memes in the megalounge
2010.01.28 19:57 reseph Final Fantasy XV
A community for fans of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV, which includes a free trial that includes the entirety of "A Realm Reborn" AND the award-winning "Heavensward" expansion up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime. FFXIV's newest expansion, "Endwalker", is out now.
2023.06.03 11:43 JimBottone Morgana is the worst most banned champion in the game, or the most banned bad champion in the game if you prefer.
| || | submitted by JimBottone to leagueoflegends [link] [comments]
Using LoLalytics as our source of stats, over the last 30 days (Plat +) Morgana placed 57/69 as Support, 98/101 in Midlane and doesn't even have a score for Jungle (where she sports a 45.39% winrate and a 0.06% pickrate).
Despite this, she has been the 6th most banned champion in the game (21.28%)
. This means that she can't even be buffed or her banrate would go even higher. This is something Riot realized when they tried to make Morgana and Zed (consistently two of the most banned champions in the history of the game) be able to flex as Junglers: they had to give up on it and stop supporting them because of the their absurd banrates.
Morgana is almost in the same position Yuumi was in, (I say almost because at least Morgana doesn't ruin Pro-play), and just like with Yuumi, numerical changes won't solve her issues: she needs a kit overhaul.
First of all, let's identify Morgana's most glaring issue: Dark Binding (Q) and Black Shield (E) gobble up too much of her power, leaving no space for the rest of her kit that, as a result, feels underwhelming.
The fact that her two strongest abilities are also the source of most of the frustration against her, unavoidably led to Morgana's current state. What has changed recently is simply that, due to a meta that doesn't favor her, her winrate is in the gutter and her underlying problems are now exposed.
In order to go more in detail about what I consider to be the issues and, consequently, what I would like to see addressed, in the rest of this post I have listed some changes as a mock-overhaul. I just want to make clear that these are just examples I came up with, the point of the post itself is to have a discussion and bring attention to Morgana and her place in modern League.
Tormented Shadow (W ==> Passive
) Innate: When Morgana roots or stuns an enemy Champion with her abilities, the soil around them is desecrated for 5 seconds. Enemies within take magic damage over time, increased based on target's missing health.
Tick Rate: 0.5 seconds ==> 0.25 seconds
Magic Damage per tick: 6/11/16/21/26 (+7% AP)==> 2.5-10 based on level (+2.5% AP)
Total Damage: 60/110/160/210/260 (+70% AP) ==> 50-200 based on level (+50% AP)
Damage Increase: 0-170% (1.7% per 1% missing health) ==> 0-150% (1.5% per 1% missing health)
Comment: I despise Morgana's current W. It feels completely unimpactful and essentially a waste of mana as Morgana Support (its only purpose is to proc Spellthief's/Liandry's) and, when maxed by Morgana Mid, enables one of the most boring and noninteractive playstyles in the game. An ability that has to be bad in order to not be toxic doesn't deserve to be an Active. Now as her Passive it just provides some extra damage when you land Q or R, which is the most common use of her current W anyway, so might as well have it happen automatically while also removing the "go afk after using W on wave" mid playstyle. Not a spectacular passive by any means, but at least we get to keep this iconic effect in the game while also no longer wasting one of Morgana's buttons.
Dark Binding (Q)
Active: Morgana throws a sphere of dark magic in the target direction that deals magic damage to the first enemy hit and roots them for a duration.
Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Mana (unchanged)
Cooldown: 10 seconds ==> 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
Magic Damage: 80/135/190/245/300 (+90% AP) ==> 50/95/140/185/230 (+70% AP) Duration: 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds ==> 2.25 seconds
Comment: Big change here is making the root duration 2.25 seconds at all ranks. Even nerfed, it remains the 2nd longest root effect in the game together with Jhin's max rank W (the longest is Neeko's empowered E that reaches 3s at max rank). Lowered Q duration allows us to shift power elsewhere while mitigating the frustration of playing against Morgana. The damage reduction is due to Q now automatically proccing Tormented Shadow.
Soul Siphon (Passive ==> W
) Active: Morgana channels a ray of dark magic on an enemy for up to 2.5 seconds, dealing magic damage and slowing them.
If the target is a Champion or a Large Monster, Morgana heals for 30% of the post-mitigation damage.
If the target is a Minion or a Monster, the ray chains to up to 6 more minions or monsters nearby.
Soul Siphon deals 150% damage against monsters and 75% against minions.
Cannot be cast during Soul Shackles.
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Range: 650 to cast and 850 once started (for reference, Karma's W ranges are 675 and 825)
Magic Damage per tick: 8/16/24/32/40 (+7.5% AP) every 0.25 seconds
Total Magic Damage: 80/160/240/320/400 (+75% AP) over 2.5 seconds
Slow: 20% (+4% per 100AP)
Comment: As a passive, Soul Siphon is only relevant for Morgana Jungle in her early clears, while her Support and Midlane counterparts don't get much out of it. Which is understandable because a laner with easy access to sustain can easily become a problem. Now that it has to fill an Active slot, I wanted an ability that could provide Morgana two things: waveclear and trading. Even better this ability provides waveclear OR trading: using it on the wave or on your opponent is a meaningful choice. Additionally, unlike Tormented Shadow, this ability forces Morgana to be vulnerable when clearing the wave. The monster modifiers are obviously to keep Morgana Jungle playable. You can think of it as a variation of old Fiddlestick's W (Drain) or, if you are familiar with HotS, as something similar to Whitemane's W, Inquisition: This but purple
Black Shield (E)
Active: Morgana grants a shield to the target allied Champion or herself for 5 seconds, which absorbs incoming magic damage and grants
crowd control immunity tenacity
while it holds. When the shield expires or is destroyed, deal magic damage to nearby enemies equal to the amount of damage absorbed.
Cost: 80 mana (unchanged)
Cooldown: 24/22/20/18/16 seconds ==> 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
Magic Shield Value: 80/135/190/240/300 (+70% AP) ==> 70/115/160/205/250 (+60% AP) (new) Tenacity: 40%
Comment: with this change Morgana is less of a "hard counter" against single-target highly impactful abilities (mostly hooks and stuff like Vi's ultimate) and just a "good counter" against cc-heavy champions. The added retaliation damage further contributes to the "anti-engage" idea behind the ability and provides some extra synergy with melee champions. It is also quite fitting thematically when you consider that half of Morgana's quotes consists of lines like "Know my pain!", "They shall feel my pain!" or "I don't hide my pain, I wield it".
Soul Shackles (R)
ACTIVE: Morgana latches chains of energy onto nearby enemy champions over the cast time, dealing magic damage and forming a tether between herself and each target for 3 seconds, during which the targets are revealed and slowed by 20%.
Morgana gains bonus movement speed while facing enemies tethered to her and takes reduced damage from them
If a target does not break their tether by the ends of its duration, they are dealt the same magic damage again and become stunned for 1.5 seconds, during which they are revealed.
Cost: 100 mana (unchanged)
Cooldown: 120/110/100 seconds ==> 120/100/80
Magic Damage: 150/225/300 (+70% AP) ==> 100/175/250 (+55%AP)
Bonus Movement Speed: 5/30/55% ==> 10/30/50% (new) Damage Reduction: 20/30/40%
Comment: The important change is the damage reduction from champions chained by Morgana. The goal is to make her ultimate less reliant on Zhonya's Hourglass (it will still be good on her, but hopefully it won't feel as a requirement to even finish to cast her ultimate). Additionally, just like with Dark Binding, the damage of the ability has been reduced to compensate for the automatic Tormented Shadow.
Basic Attack Range: 450 ==> 500 (same as Janna)
Comment: Nothing wrong about Morgana having lower than average range, but 450 is just sad.
2023.05.31 16:43 WolfsLair6 Cursed_Warning
2023.05.26 09:52 JohnnyIsBravo Eternal Darkness in Barovia! (My CoS Horror Story)
Have you ever read a story where the BBEG wins? This is the case right here as i'm about to tell you my version of the event that lead to our party's downfall both IC and OOC.
We played at 08/19/2021 and it ended at 11/13/2021.
Me=Jenny (Variant Human Noble Female Divine Soul Sorcerer), My Dad=Collin Belasco (Variant Human Haunted One Male Twilight Domain Cleric), The DM (Martin), David=Lt Bucket (Variant Human Urchin Male Gloomstalker RangeAssassin Rogue), Ken=Kevin Ethan Levin (Variant Human City Watch Male Barbarian/Battlemaster Fighter).
To clarified on PC appearance: Me=Lulu (FFX). My Dad=Elijah (Bible OT). Ken=Kevin (Ben10 Alien Force). David=Just a guy wearing a bucket on his head (Joke Character).
There were supposed to be 4 more players to join in however each of them didn't stay for too long.
Tony=He's a nice guy to hang around with and this is his first time to be in Curse of Strahd. He played as Leliana from Dragon Age (Variant Human Acolyte Female Assassin Rogue) Unfortunately he left the group in halfway through the story due to important irl stuffs.
Terrance=He always play at Johnson's table. He brings out his character (Winged Tiefling Acolyte Female Light Cleric) i forget his character's name but we'd all nicknamed him "Demon Cleric" or "Mr.Demon Morning Glory" as Terrance posts a comment before leaving the group. "New rules have dropped, and while they're an improvement in a lot of ways from where they were before, they also happen to be incompatible with my playstyle. So I'm stepping down as a player for the foreseeable future."
Ledbetter=He was invited to Martin's house and was about to be apart of the team but he forget to bring his own character sheet & dices which ultimately lead him to be kicked out of the house. He's known to be the drug addict and walks with his own very long carved wooden stick.
Marcus=He refused to come play with us (Thank God!) as he states "Nah i'm not playing Horror games. I rather play my Nintendo Switch and Disney Mirrorverse." (Pussy... 🙄*eyerolling emoji* Who would dared to ever play video games own by the EVIL corp of Disney rather than play AMAZING dark gritty fantasy stories like Curse of Strahd?)
[Session 0: Kidnapped by the Mists!]
We begin our story with Jenny & Collin walking on a road to a nearby town. Suddenly mists starts to form around the two as they'd disappeared. At the same time, on a different road leading to the same town a painted green wagon dubbed 'Rustbucket 3' with a mule in front.
(Cue 'You're finally awake' meme!)
"Are we there yet?" Lt Bucket asked. "We're almost there." answered Kevin Levin. Just then mists appears in front of the mule, engulfing them.
As the mists settles down. all 4 of them are next to each other. Jenny instantly dislikes Kevin and was mocking him, calling him "Foul Peasant!" as this ticked Kevin off as he's going to give Jenny a 'Royal Beatdown' until they were both stopped by Collin. "Knock it off you two! This childish act will get us no where." "Speaking of no where... Where are we anyway?" Lt Bucket questions the realm that all 4 were in. Just then the Burgomaster Ismark Kolyanovich arrives to offer a ride to the Village of Barovia. The party accepts the offer, stepping inside a Carriage expect for Kevin as he follows behind with his mule & wagon.
Before they make their way to the village, they encountered a series of Wolves and managed to defeat them. Afterwards they encountered a strange old lady who's been selling 'Dream Pies' near the village. The party buys pies and were told to eat them before going to sleep. They'd all eaten dream pies as everyone is having good dreams.
At morning the party wakes up to see Ismark introducing them to his sister Ireena Kolyana the twice bitten lady who is the reincarnation of Tatyana. Jenny became enraged and jealous of Ireena who's getting an attention from the Count of Barovia... Strahd von Zarovich!
[Session 1: Vallaki]
After the party settled for a while at the Village of Barovia, they decided to move onto the village of Vallaki where they could find some answers and ignored the direction that leads to Madam Eva. While traveling to Vallaki through wagon, the stubborn Jenny continues to mock Kevin, trying to goat him into attacking her. Collin does his best to keep Jenny in check. Kevin doesn't mind or care about as long she doesn't get in his way. Lt Bucket meanwhile is quietly observing the surroundings as he spots someone or something is watching them from afar.
"Uhhh... Guys? What the hell was that?" Lt Bucket pointed his finger at the direction where he spotted the stalker but it wasn't there anymore. "Nothing." Collin muttered. "Don't try to distract us again Bucket boy!" Jenny didn't bother to look and mocks him. "You could at least try to be nice for once? You're starting to become an annoyance." Kevin said while focus driving what's infront of him. Jenny was about to say something back at Kevin until Collin shuts her up by covering her mouth with his hand, ending the conversation momentarily.
After entering Vallaki, the party went to a Church of Saint Andral as they'd met with Father Lucian Petrovich who tells them to go find the stolen enchanted bones. Milivoj the Gravedigger tells the party that the Coffin Maker had the bones they're looking for. After breaking into the Coffin Maker's Shop, the party discovers that the coffins he made had each four of the party member's names written in stone! Henrik tries to ambush the intruders but was easily beaten into submission as Jenny drags Henrik into a private conversation away from the others. "Y...you not going to kill me?" Henrik asked. "I want you to send a message to the big man himself. Tell him that i Jenny Maidcourt the Third is the true reincarnation of Tatyana! Not that pig whore Ireena!" she lets go of Henrik as he runs off to send word to Strahd. The others (IC) don't know this and retrieves the bones as Collin returns them in person to Father Lucian. Collin was rewarded for his efforts as he'd been given Staff of Healing. After exiting the church the others waited patiently for the Cleric's return. Seeing the staff in hand Jenny starts to mock her companion. "You good for nothing holy man! How dare you get a fancy reward and i don't?" Collin simply silences Jenny with a Silence spell. The others walking off laughing behind Jenny's back as she now plots for her revenge...
[Session 2: Invitation to Castle Ravenloft!]
This is the part where Terrance and Tony left the group as both of their characters are killed by Rahadin in combat as their bodies are sent in the middle of Vallaki where everyone including our party sees a sign post top of they're corpses that reads in Infernal language that nobody expect Jenny understands it. "The Count is watching you." a sinister smile formed in Jenny's face as she doesn't tell anyone about this. Kevin went alone outside of Vallaki to chop some trees down, basic lumberjacking to upgrade his ride with some gps we'd all earned throughout the story. Kevin then hears a howl of a werewolf as five seconds later he'd been surrounded by werewolves encircling him as their leader approaches Kevin and challenges him in a 1v1. Meanwhile Jenny is approached by a wolf that carries both a letter & a special briefcase on it's backside. I rolled a natural 20 on my Animal Handling to calm the beast and take both of the items to inspect. The letter itself reveals to be written by Strahd himself!
Letter from Strahd: Dear Jenny Maidcourt the Third. I know of you're falsehoods of claiming to be my beloved Tatyana. Ireena is the one i'd desire more than you. However i've admired your determination and your willingness to betray your companions in pursuit of great power which lies here in Barovia. The Dark Powers that be is what you'd seek. They will come to you in your dreams as whispers of the damned. I have already sent my servant out to escort you and your companions to my castle for dinner. See you in person. --- Strahd von Zarovich
After reading that, my character goes to open the briefcase to reveal a party dress in all black color and perfectly fits. The only downside is that the dress itself is a 'Sleeveless Bodycon Maxi Tank Dress Club' type. (The DM also informs me that when wearing it my Sorcerer gains +5 any Charisma skill checks and gains the following spells 'Charm Person, Enthrall and Dominate Person' for one use each as it recharges at dawn)
Jenny closed the briefcase and casts 'Burning Hands' to burn the letter. She plans to wear it before coming to the castle. I then cast 'Fireball' upon the Wolf when it's about to run off in 120 feet.
Collin and Lt Bucket rushed over to see what Jenny just did. "What the hell Jenny! Why did you do that?" Collin notices the briefcase in Jenny's left hand. "Who gave you that?" Jenny makes up a deceptive story to tell on why she'd killed the wolf and gotten the briefcase. Collin failed his insight, however Lt Bucket succeeded his insight and tells Collin that she's lying. "Okay Jenny please be honest with us and tell us where did you get that briefcase." No point in hiding it as i'd tell them the truth.
Meanwhile Kevin came back to Vallaki and walks behind where Collin and Lt Bucket were with a werewolf pelt around his waist. We'd all knew what that meant. Just as Kevin about to say something added to the situation, we'd all suddenly saw a carriage coming by and stops in front of Jenny as we'd all look up to see Rahadin with two Nightmare Horses strapped front of the carriage.
"My master has sent me to come pick you guys up." the carriage door opens as the butler beckons us to get in. Kevin and Collin considering saying no, however after witnessing the deaths of Terrance & Tony's characters and the DM does the 'Are you sure?' moment. 30 seconds later of reconsideration they both go in. "I had a bad feeling about this..." Collin said in worrisome. "Same here old timer." Kevin muttered. "Hopefully Strahd is a nice host." Lt Bucket said. Jenny slowly smile wickedly to herself and said nothing while were escorted to Castle Ravenloft.
(Cue 'Spooky Castle in Thunderstorm' image!)
The DM private message me after the session on what type of Dark Gift that my character gets. I replied back after few days of researching and deep thinking as Jenny gets 'Vampirism' as i'd told Martin that i wanted my character to become like Strahd in equal level. The DM warns me that if i do this, then she becomes NPC as AL rules out 'No Evil PCs' as i went through my commitment. No turning back as already planning to bring out my backup character.
[Session 3: Dine with the Devil!]
Martin told everyone expect me that i went through my decision as both Ken and my Dad just facepalming and sighs. David on the other hand is eager to kill my character as soon the betrayal starts.
We all arrived to Castle Ravenloft as Rahadin guides all 4 of us inside to where we meet Strahd von Zarovich himself at the dining hall. The DM describes of Strahd playing pipe organ before the party enters the hall.
(Cue 'Davy Jones pipe organ' scene!)
"Welcome, welcome!" Strahd gestures to the dining table. "Please take your seats."
Collin, Kevin and Lt Bucket seated next to each other on the opposite end as Strahd, me and Ireena seated the other end. Ireena's legs were strapped with chains onto her chair to prevent escaping. My character lets out a harsh laughter at Ireena. "Game over wench! You lose! I win! Strahd, will you marry me?" rolled a high persuasion with +5 due to wearing the party dress. "Hmmm... I would love to, but you are not Tatyana. She is." Strahd points to Ireena whom quietly eating without looking. "Betrayal!" Lt Bucket stands up and screams while pulling out his longbow readying to shoot an arrow aiming for Jenny's head. However Rahadin pulls out his scimitar and slashes Lt Bucket's longbow, breaking it, slams the arrow down onto his knee and forces him down at his seat.
(Cue 'Took an arrow to the knee' meme!)
"Rahadin do take out the trash." Strahd ordered as the butler drags Lt Bucket out and tosses him outside the castle. Kevin was about to jump on Rahadin to go save Lt Bucket but was told to back down by both Collin and Strahd. "It's not worth it." Collin said. "Please do sit down like a good boy or you'll join your friend in the dirt." Kevin reluctant sits back down and angrily eats with glaring at Collin, Strahd and Jenny. Rahadin came back afterwards.
"Now then. I would like to discuss with you." Strahd points toward Collin. "What sort of Deity do you worship?" 7 seconds later Collin replies. "Selûne" he answered. "How unfortunate for you... The Moonmother won't save you." with a snap of a finger, the Twilight Cleric is surrounded by mists and was gone. Kevin immediately gets up and shouts "Okay count chocula it's go time!" as he jumps onto the dining table, grabbing a nearby metal plate and starts absorbing the metal to his body (Ken reflavoring it as his Barbarian rage) and starts charging towards Strahd as Kevin readies his fist to connect (He took Unarmed Fighting as his Fighting Style) however Kevin feels slowed down as he's almost within Strahd's reach. "Na uh uh uh!" Jenny made a 'tsk tsk tsk' sound while wiggle her index finger in a 'no no no' gesture. "Rahadin please take this filthy peasant to the dungeon!" the butler looks to his master for an answer as Strahd nods. Despite in a 'Slow' spell effect Kevin fights back but was ultimately subdued by Rahadin as the butler drags him into the dungeon level of Castle Ravenloft.
Strahd looks at the two ladies as he thinking who to choose to marry. Who did he pick? That's when the session ended on a cliffhanger note. (The answer is in the next one) Afterwards i have texted on group chat about my TPK plan that never happened. (In my opinion it could've had happened!)
My TPK plan script: Jenny tells Strahd that she wants her companions to be they're latest supper before marriage... Starting with Collin, followed by Lt Bucket and lastly Kevin. ☠️ They're all go to Skully as the story ends with a Fireball to Kevin's Rustbucket 3, Followed by Jenny casts "Alter Self" to becoming like Tatyana (Strahd's original bride) and thus Strahd von Zarovich wins and all citizens of Barovia suffers for all eternity under the reign of terror of Jenny von Zarovich! 😈 (Evil Laughter)
Martin: Your son has now enter dm level evil.
My Dad: *Facepalming gif*
Ken: You've thought this through clearly... So sad for you.
David: *Pulls out Buffy the Vampire slayer kills vampire gif*
Me: It's what my char-
My Dad & Ken & David: Shut up!
Martin: *Adding Jenny's name to Skully while chuckling in the background*
[Session 4: The Arrival of Virtue!]
I bring in Lt Colonel Dagsten "Virtue" Hopebringer (Variant Human Soldier Male Oath of Devotion Paladin) as a replacement from Jenny since she's now a NPC Vampire with lvl 9 Divine Soul Sorcerer class.
(Cue 'You must be the Paladin' Netflix Castlevania image meme!)
Virtue's PC appearance: Talion (Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor & War)
My character's backstory & introduction as follows... Virtue is a soldier who serves under Sergei von Zarovich up until Strahd kills Sergei as Virtue went into hiding to stage a revolt that ended in failure by Strahd's loyal followers and undead minions. Virtue died from his wounds but his soul is now reincarnated as he's repeating mistakes of his every failed attempts of defeating Strahd and free Barovia. Reincarnated the seventh time, he finally decides to change his game plan as Virtue bent the knee to become a castle servant as Virtue being constant monitored for any signs or hints of his treachery by Rahadin.
Kevin was tossed to a cage by Rahadin as the butler locks it with his key. That's when my character comes in as he walks to the dungeon floor, summoned by Rahadin. "Keep him locked tight until my master had plans for him." Virtue nods as the butler leaves the dungeon. "You took one helluva beating. Can you walk?" Kevin grunts in pain as he silently nods as Virtue unlocks the cage with a successful Thieves Tools roll as the two sneaks out of the castle to find Lt Bucket with some stolen goods he found that may either prove useful or to sell for more gps. Collin was seen far away from Castle Ravenloft as it is presumed to be that the mists teleported him just outside as the party regroup then running off to find Madam Eva as she gives them fortune telling and hands out each party member 1 legendary item to aid them in their quest to defeat Strahd von Zarovich and his chosen bride Jenny von Zarovich.
Virtue was given the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind. Kevin was given the Sunsword. Lt Bucket was given +3 Longbow and 9 blessed arrows. Collin was given Scarab of Protection. Armed to the teeth, they were about to go back to kick some vampiric ass and take names but they were informed by Madam Eva that they should go to light a beacon that'll help them on the long run. We then heading off to where the DM marks the map.
(Cue 'LOTR Return of the King The Lighting of the Beacons' scene!)
[Session 5: Beacon of the Silver Dragon!]
We head out to The Temple of the Silver Dragon and lighten the beacon to gain +1 AC & saving throws as long the beacon stays lit. We'd been told by the DM that three events occurred after finishing beacon quest.
1: The Church of Saint Andral has been destroyed by Strahd's fireball as everyone there died of either burnt alive or killed by Strahd's minions.
2: Ireen's brother Ismark is kidnapped by Rahadin as he's been taken to Castle Ravenloft & the Village of Barovia has a new Burgomaster that keeps the entire villagers in line to offer tribute to Strahd.
3: The Burgomasters of Vallaki and Krezk are slain by Jenny and her small band of undead assassins. (Two Zombies and Skeletons with 3 lvls of Rogue class) Fiona Watcher assumes control in Vallaki as the village turns into full blown Strahd fanatics. Meanwhile Krezk is being torched by Jenny spamming fireballs at least five times to make her point on instilling fear into the hearts of anyone in Krezk who would dare challenge hers and Strahds rule.
We feel like the hopes of Barovia is slowly snuffed out one by one. As it became clear that we're the only ones fighting back against the count and his bride.
[Session 6: Have fun storming the castle!]
Our goal is set as we travel on foot (Kevin's Rustbucket was destroyed by Jenny) it took like 2 or 3 days making our way to Castle Ravenloft. As we reached near the castle, a sounds of screams is heard. "That's Ireena and Ismark!" Collin exclaim with his successful perception. "This is it... Remember the objective guys. Kill Strahd and Jenny!" said Virtue. "But what about Ireena and Ismark?" Lt Bucket asks if there's any hope of saving them. "I doubt about they're chance of survival. If i were Dracula, then he's gonna turn them into vampires." said Kevin in doubting tone. Turns out? He's right! Why? Because as soon we make it to the rooftop after killing off some undead minions & Rahadin who's been blocking our way, we find out right away after bashing down a locked door that the two Zaroviches was waiting for us as we fell into their trap!
A sound of wall crawling is heard as we all turned to see both Ireena and Ismark as Vampire Spawns. "She's my bitch now! A fitting irony isn't it? To be killed by someone you barely knew and couldn't be bothered to keep them safe?" Jenny von Zarovich said condescendingly with a cruel laughter. "Deal with them my love." Strahd said as he gets licked then kissed in the cheek by his bride before disappearing. "With pleasure."
Kevin quickly vomits at the sight of that happening. Collin feels both absolutely disgusted and betrayed by the woman he travels with. Bucket finds it kinky. As for Virtue? The Paladin ran to his target near at 20 feet as he pulls out the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind and yells "May the Morning Lord's wrath fall upon you traitorous harlot!" 5 charges spent for Sunlight effect as Jenny's skin starts boiling and her hair started burning. She hisses and casts Telekinesis to push my Holy object out from my hand as my character watching it falling all the way down as a loud glass shattered sound is heard. At that point i became angry both IC and OOC.
We managed to kill Ireena and Ismark, however Jenny is wounded and wasted all her spell slots escapes from us via Spider Climb (Vampire trait) as we debated weather to pursue her or travel back to Madam Eva to seek further guidance. I was the only one who voted to chase Jenny while everyone else voted speaking with Eva.
Martin: Last Session, see you all next week. *logs off*
Me: Ken. David. You guys are fucking cowards! We could've kill her before she recovers all her hp and spell slots. Now? It's all pointless! You let me lose my Holy Symbol of Ravenkind! The key to win over Strahd and Jenny! Such pussies man! You call yourselves men? Shame on you! If i were the DM you two be pimp slapped for such cowardice! Man up! Grow some backbone! You two are lucky that i'm not born as a Female, otherwise i would've castrated you both for ignoring an obvious logical choice of winning the game! A 5 year old is smarter than you two will ever be! Why do i even bother playing with a bunch of useless retards? Why God! Why me? WHY!?
(Cue random 'Rage Screaming Gamer' video)
I'm not too stupid to insult my dad. (Honor thy father) Ken and David were taken aback from my sudden rant of inventing my frustration of the situation. Everyone in MRRAL always seen me as 'Fun player with Autism who is always remain calm under bad circumstances' as tonight the two see the bad side of me. I hear my Dad coming to my room as i'm typing in a quick apology direct messages to the offended party. I spent 2 hours arguing with my Dad back and forth on my angry rant at 10:00 PM. Afterwards went to bed with tears in my eyes, sleeping in great sadness for my words brings pain not just to Ken & David, but to myself and my dad. (One week later me and dad reconcile)
[Session 7 the Finale: Ruination!]
Next week came by as my Dad was unable to attend due to disagreements between me and him. Martin asks if i'm feeling alright since he's been informed of what happened after he left.
Me: I took a chill pill. Sorry for me shouting at you Ken and David, you guys didn't deserve it. We're cool?
David: It's okay Johnny.
Ken: (Said nothing, just glaring at the webcam)
Martin: You guys want to continue? Johnny's father refuses to come play with us.
Me: Did he tell you why?
Martin: No. Do you?
Me: Yes. It's because we we're having disagreements last week. It started after Martin left. As i recalled you all want to go back visiting Madam Eva rather than chasing down and possibly put an end to Jenny to increase our chances of winning against Strahd.
David: Oh... crap! I was wrong to vote against you buddy.
Ken: I don't and i'm still standing by my decision. Probably your dad shared my sentiment.
Me: Why leave when we could've had her cornered and killed? My dad never gave me a straight answer. Will you tell me why Ken?
Ken: I'm not going to bother giving you my answer.
Me: Okay... Well... FUCK YOU!
I left the group call but not before hearing and seeing their reactions on my final say to Ken.
Martin: Woah! Woah! Woah! WTF Johnny!
David: Bruh! Not cool dude.
Ken: Tch... Your loss.
Martin posts his version of the Campaign ended in tragedy with me acting like a 'spoiled brat' as i would go on to write my version of how this Campaign should've ended as i've envisioned. Strangely enough though is that i'm still part of MRRAL facebook group despite the fact that both Ken and Martin hated me. Later i found out that It was Johnson and Thomas (Alive at the time) managing to convince Martin not to outright ban me as a sigh of relief came under my breath. Martin message me about inviting me to his 'Call of the Netherdeep' Campaign he's setting up in next year. I answered yes and formally apologize for my act at Ken.
Martin: Let Bygones Be Bygones.
Me: Agreed. Can you tell Ken that i'm deeply sorry?
Martin: I'll tell him that next time he shows up.
One month later Martin messaged me that Ken still holds a grudge against me, but was willing to play with me, David and 3 other players in the next Campaign...
My ending script: Evil triumphs! As Strahd prevails over 4 pesky Adventurers. Jenny is now officially married & rules with Strahd over Barovia forever. Ireena & Ismark died as Vampire Spawns. All 3 Villages submitted to the tyrannical rule of both Vampiric King and Queen. Virtue & Bucket died in their final battle against the Zaroviches. Collin fled from an unwinnable battle as he fell into deep insanity, spend rest of his days as a shell of his former self, begging off the streets and tries to spread the gospel of Selûne to rekindle hope as Collin meets his death by his former companion Jenny. Kevin is now the sole survivor after leaving Barovia by accepting Strahd's offer as he goes back to find his way home to reunite with Ben and Gwen Tennysons to resume their adventures of saving the universe from Vilgax.
TL;DR: Campaign ended on a sour note with me rage quitting on the group's voting decision that could've gone differently if we just find and kill my former PC instead of running from the problem. Reconciles & Let Bygones Be Bygones after one month. (AITA?)
submitted by JohnnyIsBravo
to Horror_stories [link] [comments]
2023.05.24 06:08 Semijestam GG
<-aFloridaMan [PC], Necromancer main. Nearing Prestige5. GG pugs. I've tried to let you win many times while sometimes ran out of infernal power to possess an npc attacking the last survivor.
Seeing some prestige survivors in a pug group... do i spend into traps more early because i trap so much between dagger and lost pages in order to scare them and earn infernal power, or do i expect them to bypass the traps from using a car.... Activating traps to rank up needs to happen. Finding chests are where they are per match at various rarities. If you run from one to the other, i set traps for ya to enjoy. If ya try to double objective, good luck. If ya got the legendary weapon(s), yall won. Hey, let me get some hits in b4 u explode every npc asap. If I tried to block seeing the legendary chest with a car, and i can see a survivor use that car. we know. If anyone uses a car, i know. if ya have not played a demon yet. shows up on map. Thanks for showing me where u are. I might be busy setting traps and will get towards you soon.
I need damage to complete prestige 5. Yall need to use shemps. Especially support classes to heal the nearby survivors.
It's a support character description, and still yall separate? Shirley, I know how pugs can be. -.- Pugs! When you arrive at new location, survivors, u can share. Drop items and mark them. Ammo, Shemps, Amulets. U can't share Pink F. Mark it when found. Do that and you'll curb stomp my controlled minions and npcs ASAP, making farming infernal energy challenging. Hey, survivors while huddled together at light source or anywhere, stand in a straight line. k thanks. Deadpool
Deadpool Rise! Looking forward to Evil Dead Rise Gifs &Memes coming soon. Evil Dead Rise
New Post or Hot? Sorting button/setting
submitted by Semijestam
to EvilDeadTheGame [link] [comments]
2023.05.22 23:10 improperly_paranoid Para's Proper Reviews: I watched Trigun Stampede because of bigolas dickolas and I absolutely loved it
If you’re following SFF news at all, you’ve probably heard of bigolas dickolas
by now, a Trigun fan account whose enthusiastic tweets made This Is How You Lose the Time War
skyrocket in popularity again. Well, as a long-time Time War fan
, the effect worked in reverse for me – why not try Trigun? After I saw another twitter thread explaining the different possible starting points, I decided for the 2023 remake. Pretty artstyle to hook me, and with only twelve episodes, not much of a commitment.
In short? I absolutely loved it straight from the start. Beautifully animated, with one hell of a lovable protagonist, and surprisingly heartwrenching and bittersweet, I would recommend it to any SFF fan.
I’m not really an anime person (read: I’ve vaguely heard of some of the big titles but that’s where it ends), so the only thing I knew going in is that it’s a sci-fi western. I thought I was in for a fun, fast paced pew pew time. And while it is
relentlessly fast-paced and there are some fun action scenes, I got something far more emotional and heartfelt and deeply sad
at its core than I expected. The show dumps us straight into the tragic backstory and from there on, it only gets worse. In the best possible way.
[Image of Vash smiling sadly
See, for all his competence, Vash is a dorky and kind of pathetic, firmly pacifist, all-loving sweetheart in a relentlessly shitty dystopia and it’s played completely straight. After the tragic backstory, after all the horrors he goes through, that’s just who he is. His reputation as a walking disaster area is not unfounded – but it’s also not a spoiler to say that it’s not on purpose. You can’t help but love him and feel terrible when he tries so bad to protect everyone and minimize the damage but causes more destruction than he intends again and again and again.
Protagonists that refuse to kill can be annoying, especially when they mindlessly plow through minions but hypocritically insist on sparing the villain, but this is far from the case here. Vash is no hypocrite, it makes sense for his character, and the show as a whole also goes into the consequences and what being a pacifist in a dystopia means (i.e. guilt and heartbreak). It’s fairly thoughtfully done. Some characters do call his idealism stupid, but on a broader narrative level, it thankfully…doesn’t feel like it is? It’s very clearly a strength, too, and he’s not nearly as dumb as he sometimes comes off. Trigun Stampede
is sad, yes, but there’s some hope shining through as well, and it’s not grimdark.
In terms of characters who get pulled into Vash’s orbit, there’s much to like as well. We have a wide-eyed reporter fresh out of college, her cynical alcoholic boss, and a mysterious man who carries a giant heavy cross on his back both literally and metaphorically. Together, they’re up against outlaws after the bounty, cops, and their own pasts coming to haunt them.
[fight scene gif
] [character expression gif
Another thing I absolutely loved is the animation. Similar to Arcane
, Trigun Stampede
is done in gorgeous 3D that looks like a 2D drawing when paused. It’s obvious in motion because of how fluid it is, but it doesn’t have that typical plasticky look. From the flashy fight scenes to how expressive the characters are, it’s an absolute delight.
If I have a complaint, it’s that it could have done with a filler episode or two and some time with the characters just doing whatever (show more of the goofy side of Vash, for example) for even more emotional impact. Mind, the fast pacing and the way it ramps up and ramps up and ramps up is masterfully
done. It’s the sort of thing that very easily loses me and ends in “why should I care” – and it avoided that completely. I cared. I cared very much. (Vash in particular is very much in the need of a hug. Preferably several.) It’s one of my favourite shows ever and the sort of experience that changed me in some inexplicable way regardless. But I feel like it might have actually made me cry if we got enough pause to stop holding our breath.
And if you’re worried that it’s not a good entry point because it’s just season 1 with season 2 coming god knows where? No need. The plot threads are tied up well. There’s a bit of a sequel hook in the epilogue that’s probably more meaningful to those already familiar with any of the old iterations of Trigun, but no cliffhangers.
Please do yourself a favour and watch it. I beg you. And now I’m off to check out the old anime and the manga 😁 Enjoyment: 6/5, would get my heart brutally stomped on again Execution: 4.5/5
Recommended to: anyone curious about Trigun whether you’re normally into anime or not, fellow fans of weird westerns, people who like pretty animation, masochists, those looking for SFF without any sort of romantic subplot Not recommended to: those sensitive to blood and children being hurt
Content warnings: gore (lots and lots of squirting blood, I was a little taken aback), body horror, also generally bad stuff happening to children
More reviews on my blog, To Other Worlds.
submitted by improperly_paranoid
to Fantasy [link] [comments]
2023.05.22 21:45 OptizOnionGames Are you ready for the next challenge?
2023.05.19 02:19 javiermetal66 Bonney new nakama for Strawhat Pirates? (theory, pros and cons)
| || | submitted by javiermetal66 to OnePiece [link] [comments]
Now, ever since Egghead arc started (and even before) a lot of people has been stating that Bonney will join the strawhats and, in retrospective, i think there are some reasons that might actually support this. Personally, i didn't think of her as a much important character, but with the little clues i've been finding i think we might find her being the next addition to the crew by the next arcs.
We know due to her reward that she's a powerful character. By her debut time her reward was 140M Bellies, a quite high reward but not as big as Luffy's. Nowdays her reward is 320M, still an acceptable quantity that can show us her power level and ability.
As we could see in manga chapter 1072, though her DF seemed too much broken at first, we later learned that it's actually not that powerful, yet quite useful. Since her devil fruit doesnt last forever on living beings, it might actually not be too much of a problem against powerful enemies (final boss cathegory) yet very useful against minions and henchmen. Besides, as we could see in Stampede (even if not canon) that fruit was useless against Bullet, so even if powerful, it has its limitations. https://64.media.tumblr.com/87c6ae45b96ab51974568f7e46a13fc0/e309ad7697e712bd-cc/s540x810/ddb3cf0a1a9c7be4444adbe4c262972c35e96807.gif
Another thing is, and this is now my take coming from the number's theory, her DF's name. Oda is taking a lot to reveal it and i think its not coincidence he is having in mind someone came with the number's thing during SBS. A lot of people has argued that her fruit might be named the Toshi Toshi no Mi (yeaage fruit), but i dont think Oda will go with something that simple, wouldnt be the first time he can give a simpler name to a fruit but instead comes with an onomatopoeia or a thing related to the concept around that fruit.
And i believe her fruit's name will be written in goroawase using either 29 or 92. This being said, i have two options for its name:
- Jiko Jiko no mi (ageing ageing fruit). 時効 (Jikou) meaning aging in japanese and being written as 29 in goroawase. Also, Ji 爺 means ´elder´ while Ko 子 means 'child'.
- Koni Koni no Mi. I dont know if this has any meaning, but if you remember when she infiltrated in MaryGeoise, she pretended to be queen Connie (written in Japanese as コニ (92)), i think Oda left us a little clue there about her devil fruit's name. https://preview.redd.it/glr48zf09o0b1.png?width=1075&format=png&auto=webp&s=98903370faa2be16d06fb0213d434b42d427fc45
Something great about her fruit too is that it can allow Oda to show in the crew with multiple designs, similarly to Chopper, being a sexy young woman, a cute little girl or a lovely ol lady.
Also, back to the numbers theory, some people have arged Nika already fills the 29 part. It does not. Even if its model Nika, its still a Hito Hito, so it stays as both Gomu (56) and Hito (110).
- 3. Ties with the Strawhats:
We can take her ties with the strawhats from even way before her debut, with Kuma's first appareance in Thriller Bark. Now that we know he's her father, he can give us plenty of reasons to tie her with them.
Let's not forget, Kuma not only tested Zoro's resolution by healing Luffy's pain and prove Zoro's loyalty to him, he also sent each of the strawhats to different locations where they could get stronger AND he protected the Thousand Sunny for TWO GODDAMN YEARS while they were gone. https://preview.redd.it/0plzr0x2bo0b1.png?width=602&format=png&auto=webp&s=dc6d3f49f1a63038d3823bd03a039e891bc44164
I believe he has an ulterior motive to do this other than just Luffy being Dragon's son. Andi believe Bonney will travel with the strawhats and find out Kuma's reason for this further in the plot, maybe at some arc after egghead, if the Strawhats and the RA meets.
Now, talking from Bonney herself, she protected Zoro at Sabaody, preventing him from making a scene by slaying a Celestial Dragon, which could've been MUCH WORSE for the crew and all the presents than Luffy punching him in the face. https://preview.redd.it/yia8z762co0b1.png?width=300&format=png&auto=webp&s=62706aa3576fd0a568b5185612e6009592becc3c
She's also helping the SH in Egghead, guiding Luffy and the others through the lab and stuff. Luffy Even learned her NAME! Like, her ACTUAL NAME! I mean, we had Law in the alliance ever since Punk Hazard and Luffy keeps calling him Tra-guy!
At this point, i think we can agree Bonney and the Strawhats have the same enemies: Akainu, Blackbeard and the Celestial Dragons. https://preview.redd.it/wqh14k72do0b1.png?width=760&format=png&auto=webp&s=9b3b20555abef64a84e91e48ffaa46985a0871f2
They are the very reason her crew is gone to begin with! Which give her a good reason to join a group, since i don't think Sakazuki being as coldblooded as he is just let them live in a prison, that if BB didn't kill them all. Besides, we didnt see Bonney's crew getting that much interactions as Law's or Kid's, so i don't really think we'll see them again.
Speaking of Blackbeard, we still need a 10th nakama to face the 10 Titanic Captains, and as a personal opinion, i think she would be a perfect match for either Shot or Pizarro.
Personally, i see the match ups as:
Luffy VS BB, Zoro VS Shilew, Sanji VS Burguess, Nami VS Devon, Usopp VS Augur, Brook VS Laffitte, Fraky (using giant meka) VS Wolf, Robin VS Kuzan, and Jinbe VS either Shot or Pizarro.
Both are good match ups for her in my opinion, Pizarro being known as the "Corrupt King", just like her father is known as "The Tyrant", and having a power i think Bonney can counter with her DF. And Shot being the "Heavy Drinker" while Bonney being the "Glutton" and both having piercings.
Bonney is rude, short-tembered, and a glutton. Theses are the qualities of both a Sukeban and a Bokuko, two anime female personality stereotypes we are lacking in the crew. Besides, as we've seen in egghead, these fit really well with the other crewmates. Some people might arge that having Luffy we dont need another glutton, but having two perverts (Sanji and Brook), two geeks (Chopper and Usopp), two mature, calmed ones (Robin and Jinbe) and two cowards (Nami and Usopp), i dont think this will be much of a problem. Besides, her entomophobia, as we've seen in egghead, can be quite the running gag if she joins.
As we've seen in both canon and non-canon along the series, Bonney fighting style is mostly close combat. Unlike Nami and Robin, who just ocassionally use melee attacks, Bonney uses kicks and also smacks using her DF.
This is something many people bring up when it coems to new nakamas. They often forget some of them dont show what role can they do in the crew untill they officially join. Jinbe for example, we didn't know he was a helmaster untill Whole Cake.
As a personal opinion, i think she will be the crew's lookout. This being a tribute to Kuma guarding the Sunny during the timeskip.
Something i like about Bonney is that she has quite a distinctive appareance, with her piercing and makeup, she looks different enough from Nami and Robin to be easily identified. Some other former candidates for strawhats had kinda borring appareances, being a bit too similar to Nami, such as Vivi, Rebecca, even Yamato would be pretty a like if it wasnt for the horns and, kind of the eyelashes.
As we know, she has a traumatic childhood, probably. I mean, when Oda did the dawings of the Supernovas as kids, she was in such a poor state, probably grew in poberty. We still need to know more about her past, but i think they'll safe that for after egghead and gove more focus to Kuma currently. Still, losing her father to the world goverment and having him turned into a mindless weapong feels quite traumatic enough. https://preview.redd.it/964yhoivko0b1.png?width=335&format=png&auto=webp&s=7caf26082dbd4fc39ca1afa9436f4c971b0eb88a
- 10. Inheritted will and Dream.
Remember i told you Kuma might have an ulterior motive to help the mugiwaras before? I think that will be Bonney's Inheritted will.
We still dont know if she has a dream, probably does but we wont find out untill incoming arcs, whatever it is, im sure Kuma knew and thats why he's keeping something from her past secret from him, and whatever it is, when she finds out, she'll officially join the Strawhats after she has dealt with Kuma's thing.
2023.05.15 09:42 macqdor12 Minions - My experience with Shadow Figures in the house I lived in.
| || | submitted by macqdor12 to Ghoststories [link] [comments]
https://i.redd.it/2ef2za9r8yza1.gif Minions - My experience with Shadow Figures in the house I lived in.
What are Minions? Minions is the name I gave them, but many people (rightfully so) call them shadowy figures. No matter what time period the story emerges from, the story or description given is the same. Someone experiencing unexplained activity in their house, in most cases malevolent activity, reports seeing shadowy figures moving out of the corner of their eyes. The Bothell house is no exception. I remember the first time I saw one and eventually two, three, four, five, and so on. I was sitting in my office upstairs, bouncing between surfing the internet and watching the TV. By this time, we had multiple activities. Objects catching fire. Bibles catching fire. Small, Medium, and Large objects thrown. Loud bangs, phantom footsteps, door slams, wall tapping, lights going off and on by themselves. Lights turning on and then off again by themselves, Bed sheets yanked clean off you while sleeping. These are the symptoms of a poltergeist infestation. So, is seeing shadowy figures out of the corner of your eye.
There I am, watching TV. Minding my own business - which, BTW is the perfect time for a poltergeist to do something. And they do. My office upstairs - the layout is structured in a way where I can see the upstairs hallway, my doorway, at all times while watching TV. And that's when it happened. From left to right. Im watching TV, and all of a sudden, I see movement out of the left corner of my eye. I turn in the direction of the movement (the brain does that instinctively), and there it is. This miniature creature looking like a gremlin, creeps across my doorway, sort of hunched over and yet standing tall. Walking stilted like - from left to right until it crosses the complete doorway. It's gone from being in my peripheral view to being in my complete view. I'm not quite sure what it is I'm seeing. IMO, that's the human brain being in denial as to what's really happening. In denial of what it's actually seeing. This thing, for lack of a better word, tippy toes across my doorway until it gets to the next bedroom to the right of me and disappears. I get up a few seconds later to investigate. I go to the room. I saw whatever it was creeping into, and of course, nothing is there. There will be multiple occurrences such as this in the Bothell house. Anyone who's seen a shadow figure will tell you there's nothing like the first time. The first time like most poltergeist incidents, breaks the seal. What do I mean by that? Days, weeks after this incident, I began seeing more than one shadowy figure. Oh yeah, multiple shadowy figures. No, longer moving left to right. No! Now walking directly towards me. But this is the interesting part. As they move closer to you, it looks like they're moving farther away and vice versa. For reasons I can't explain (at least not here) go in and out of frame, meaning they disappear and reappear sometimes closer to you when they originally appeared. Sometimes they reappear farther away. Why is that? But why the term Minions? Well, based on what I've seen, and I've seen a lot. These shadowy figures, I believe, were responsible for 85% of the "geist" activity in our house. I believe Minions, what some call shadowy figures, are responsible for the majority of poltergeist activity. The EVPs, unexplained voices captured by paranormal teams, and parapsychologists from the US and UK, over 600+ to exact, suggest these shadowy figures, i.e., Minions, work in tandem. They 'group think.' They're the ones that poke me at night while sleeping. They pull sheets clean off the bed - of me while sleeping. They're responsible for the mattress indentations. The pulsating I feel coming from my bed mattress and pillow. Yes pulsating! Like a heartbeat. Indentations like invisible paw prints - like a stealth invisible small pet, e.g., a small cat or small dog making its way towards you while you're laying in bed. Awake or asleep, it doesn't matter. You feel the indentation nonetheless until it reaches you, then suddenly, a swoosh feeling. I liken it to touching those electric cattle fences that farmers and ranchers use to control their cattle. I touched one by accident as a kid - the swoosh I feel after whatever it was reached me. That sudden jolt. Not painful, but very uncomfortable, frozen, numbing, tingling, and in some instances europhic, if that makes sense. But the biggest shock of all. The one that sort of relieved me the second I heard about it. A rightfully so. Someone else ( a previous tenant at that) experiencing the same thing is proof I'm not crazy. When I finally got a hold of one of the previous tenants of the Bothell house. A family that lived in the house five years before we did. The wife. The mom (may she RIP
) told me she her son saw shadowy figures out of the corner of his eye - his bedroom is now my office. But it gets scarier. In 2014, when she finally reached out to me, she said he occasionally tells her he still "sees them out of the corner of his eye today." Five years later, ladies and gentlemen, after they moved out of the Bothell house. That worried me. And guess what? Seven years after moving out of the Bothell house, I still occasionally see them, as do some of my friends who associate with me - especially those who have a self-sense of righteousness. Make of that what you will.
2023.05.13 07:40 RenanXIII The Disconnect Between Breath of the Wild‘s Story & Backstory
Breath of the Wild’s backstory is like a traditional Zelda plot with a tinge of tragedy to it. Link’s memories are where the bulk of the action happens: where we get to know Zelda, watch the stakes gradually rise to Ganon’s return, and eventually see how Link originally died. The memories thread an underlying message about the importance of freedom, highlighting how both Link and Zelda suffer under the weight of their responsibilities. Zelda through her scientific passion that gets suppressed by her father, and Link by juxtaposing his overt stoicism in the past with amnesiac bliss and emotional openness in the present. This penchant for freedom is even expressed on a structural level as Link’s 12 main memories can be recalled in any order, giving each playthrough a unique narrative flow that matches the gameplay loop. Breath of the Wild‘s backstory is one of the strongest in the series, but there’s not much to the main plot.
Good stories evolve and let the status quo change with time. Good video games stories weave that into their gameplay and make you feel those changes first hand. Nothing changes in Breath of the Wild once you leave the Great Plateau, mechanically, narratively, or tonally. What you see is what you get. What little story there is during the Divine Beast quest lines often feels half-baked. The Champions, new and old alike, are disappointedly one-dimensional. Daruk is strong, Urbosa is motherly, Mipha is kind, and Revali is a dick. The dead can’t grow, so they don’t. While they appear in the background of some memories, each Champion only gets one personalized memory to Zelda’s dozen. They effectively get an introductory cutscene and nothing else until Link frees their Divine Beast. Revali comes the closest to having an arc since his relationship with Link actually changes between time periods, but everyone else is completely static.
It would be one thing if there were more memories to flesh out Link’s relationship with the other Champions ala Zelda, but as is, it’s like meeting each Sage in Ocarina of Time once as a child and not seeing them again until you beat their respective dungeon as an adult. It makes sense to prioritize Zelda’s character development, but the Champions are given just too much focus with too little depth where it’s jarring how empty their personalities are compared to Zelda. The issues with Breath of the Wild’s story go far beyond simple characters, though. It’s a matter of storytelling structure, or lack thereof.
Since you can fight Ganon anytime, the story can’t actually build up to the final confrontation in the same way other Zelda games have. Link’s Awakening gets a little darker with each dungeon. The Wind Waker uses the Triforce Hunt as breathing room before a fast-paced finale. Breath of the Wild doesn’t end so much as it stops once you feel done, eliminating rising action towards the climax. Just as damning, Breath of the Wild lacks a narrative shake-up that raises the stakes and keeps the story from plateauing after the Great Plateau. The game has no twist.
All the best Zelda games flip the script in some capacity. A Link to the Past thrusts you into the Dark World shortly after Agahnim sacrifices Princess Zelda. Link’s Awakening waits to reveal that Koholint is a dream world until you’ve formed an attachment with Marin. Ocarina of Time features a time-skip that cleanly divides the plot between “before” and “after.” The games without big twists still sport their own status quo changes. The Temple of the Ocean King is recontextualized every time you revisit it in Phantom Hourglass. Twilight Princess tasks you with liberating Hyrule’s regions from twilight until the whole world has been methodically opened. Majora’s Mask’s three day system means the status quo is constantly changing on an hourly basis, only resetting when you’ve run out of time.
Breath of the Wild’s narrative is more in line with the NES games. Gameplay is the story for the most part: what you do and how you do it. But even Zelda I and II build towards something. Even without cutscenes, each dungeon you complete gradually pushes you closer to the climax and unlocks more of the world, creating an arc for your playthrough. The only significant change for completing all four Divine Beasts is that the final fight is made easier. In that sense, Breath of the Wild’s story actually takes away from the finale’s weight. What should be the most climactic moment in the game ends up underwhelming if you actually care about the plot.
The main storyline never goes anywhere or explores its themes with the thoughtfulness Link’s memories do. Champions and their arcs feel like they exist in a vacuum, each one just an independent side story that often says less than a single Zelda-centric memory. Majora’s Mask takes a similar approach on a surface level, but each region in Termina explores loss, death, or grief in a way that enriches the game’s overarching themes and gets you thinking about your own life. As simple and non-present as they are, characters like Darmani and Mikau have a human quality that BotW’s supporting cast lack and that’s largely because their arcs don’t exist in service of anything greater. The game doesn’t even dive into each Champion’s pre-established relationship with Link or Zelda, instead just barely touching the surface of what their dynamics were like. Revali resents Link, Urbosa cares for Zelda, Mipha loves Link, and Daruk is just there.
Breath of the Wild’s main storyline is unsatisfying when all is said and done. Nothing particularly interesting happens. Each region has the same conflict: Divine Beasts are making life hard (but not impossible). Every Champion has the same arc: the old regret that they died and the new try to live up to their predecessors. All the most compelling bits, like world building and Link’s personality, are relegated to side content. Link barely emotes in cutscenes, which makes sense for his memories, but leaves a lot to be desired in the narrative proper. His memory isn’t fully back yet, but the fact he barely reacts to his dead companions is bizarre.
Compare this to Link from The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword whose body language and facial expressions add a layer of emotion to the gameplay and cutscenes. Even the Hero of Time emoted more: stoic, but he actually responded to what was happening on-screen. It’s not that BotW’s Link doesn’t emote or express himself – he shows plenty of personality through gameplay alone – but none of that detail extends to the actual story. It’s a disconnect that works for the memories, but falls flat when transposed to the plot’s modern-day happenings. It indicates that Link is still weighed down by a lack of freedom when everything else suggests that is very much not the case. The Hero of the Wild is simultaneously the most and least expressive Link yet.
It’s not a matter of wanting more story, but better story from Breath of the Wild. Less is more in games like Link’s Awakening and Ocarina of Time, which use their few cutscenes to succinctly flesh out themes, develop characters, or move the plot along in exciting ways. Link’s date with Marin and every Sheik cutscene are memorable moments that define their titles just as much as the actual gameplay. The Legend of Zelda has historically used story to set a tone or recontexualize how you play the game. Breath of the Wild is a clear step back in this regard. A backstory you’re not an active participant can still be compelling, but it misses a crucial element of how the best Zelda titles approach storytelling. Interactivity matters and makes a big difference. Gaming’s strength as a storytelling medium is blurring the line between audience and avatar to make you a genuine part of the story. Your character’s’ struggles become your own, their motivations yours.
Breath of the Wild’s memories show us all the major beats in Link and Zelda’s relationship, but we experience none of it ourselves. The Divine Beasts offer you a chance to be a hero, but their plots are so underwritten and copy-paste that they never match the highs of previous games in either narrative quality or creating a deep sense of immersion through interactivity. Rescuing every Goron in Ocarina of Time makes you feel like a real hero who’s saving an entire race from genocide. Rescuing Yunobo and escorting him up a mountain might as well be a side quest. The stakes aren’t high enough. Even with Divine Beasts running amok, it never feels like the world is in actual danger. Each region is dealing with an inconvenience at best. There’s no sense of urgency, but there can’t be when the story is effectively over the moment you finish the tutorial.
Breath of the Wild’s backstory and main story are at odds with each other. The former is compelling, but lacks interactivity in any form. The latter is entirely player-driven, but lacks intrigue and growth. They’re two halves of greater a whole missing the necessary connective tissue that brings them together. The story told in Link’s memories is dynamic. Zelda overcomes her contempt for Link as the two grow to become wholly devoted to one another. They explore massive chunks of Hyrule together, fighting monsters and the Yiga Clan, working together with the Champions to prepare for Calamity Ganon. Breath of the Wild is only as endlessly playable as it is because it pushes the story to the sidelines, but it’s hard to watch Link’s memories and not think, “I’d rather be playing this game.”
The backstory is where all the intrigue is, where Breath of the Wild actually fleshes out its theme and shows its heart. Where the status quo changes and characters actually grow. The main story has the depth of an old school manual, and that’s honestly being generous considering older Zelda manuals are both fun to read and offer important narrative context. The Wind Waker also has an extremely interesting backstory, but it exists in service of the main plot and acts as a jumping off point for the story to explore the concept of tradition and letting go of the past. Breath of the Wild’s backstory explains why the modern-day is what it is and gives Zelda a great arc, but it doesn’t exactly enrich the setting. Part of the problem is that Breath of the Wild’s inciting incident is the backstory, and that it takes place 100 years prior to the story. By the time the game starts, almost everyone who knew the Champions is dead and society has more or less coped with living in a Calamity-filled Hyrule. All the consequences have already been dealt with.
This is not the case with The Wind Waker. The Great Flood is the inciting incident for the Great Sea ala BotW’s Calamity and it fundamentally reshaped the world, culture, and society. More importantly, it’s not the inciting incident that kicks off The Hero of Winds’ adventure: that would be Aryll’s kidnapping. Comparatively, the Hero of Wild’s inciting incident is waking up and being told that Zelda is waiting for him. Breath of the Wild expects its backstory to be enough of a narrative motivator, but the more time you spend in the world, the less it feels like Hyrule needs saving. There’s not enough of a difference between Hyrule as seen in the memories and the supposedly post-apocalyptic kingdom in the present. The only real motivator left is saving Zelda, but you don’t get to know her properly until you’ve seen all the memories, which can take hours.
Games like Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess get you to care early on so that you feel Link’s motivations as your own. The Boy without a Fairy is cast out of his home to save the world. The Hero of Time has his agency taken away from him as he’s turned into a Deku Scrub. The Hero of Winds loses his sister to a bird and the Hero of Twilight has his whole life uprooted. The Hero of the Wild wakes up and plays with some sticks. The original Zelda offered more context in its manual alone: Link rescues Impa from Ganon’s minions and, “burning with a sense of justice,” resolves to save Zelda despite never having met her before.
It’s no secret that Breath of the Wild caters towards an intrinsically-driven audience, but A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds are proof a game can be player-driven and still tell an engaging story with real twists and stakes. The novelty of fighting the final boss whenever you want is charming in its own right, but it’s at the cost of narrative progression that gets players to care about what they’re experiencing on a human level. Even A Link Between Worlds balanced near-total freedom with act breaks and a coherent story with rising action. The tragedy is that Breath of the Wild tells a compelling story about the need for freedom in its memories only to crumble under the weight of too much where it matters most. Here's that same write-up with images and gifs: https://goombastomp.com/botw-story-critique/
This is a piece I wrote the other day while waiting for Tears of the Kingdom to finish downloading on my Switch. I was replaying Breath of the Wild in the lead-up to Tears of the Kingdom and the story really stood out to me this time around, in both good ways and bad. I think the memories are genuinely very compelling and some of the best backstory in the series, but when all is said and done, it's just backstory. It should exist in service of the main plot, but there's nothing to chew on where it matters most. I'm still too early in Tears of the Kingdom to have a sense of how the story is going to go, but here's hoping it's more engaging and actually has some twists & turns. The opening was promise if nothing else.
Where does Breath of the Wild's story fall for you compared to other Zelda games?
submitted by RenanXIII
to truezelda [link] [comments]
2023.05.07 11:54 The_hentai_librarian Cursed minions
2023.05.04 20:16 DTG_Bot This Week at Bungie - 05/04/2023
Source: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/destiny-2-g-games-23-twab This week at Bungie, we’re getting ready to dive into the deep with some new art while also peeping some fresh rewards on the horizon for those Guardians that have a soft spot for Trials of Osiris.
Before jumping into this week’s TWAB, let’s take a quick look back at last week:
For this week:
- Trials community map vote: Rusted Lands, Convergence, and Disjunction.
- Strand updates for Season 21.
- Artist reference collection updates (heads up, cosplayers!).
- Community Artist Exotic Ornament winner: GGs Witherhoard players.
- Adopt-a-Pet bundle time!
All set? Let’s get started with Guardian Games 2023!
- Guardian Games and Guardian Games Cup are live!
- Season of the Deep first look:
- Key art and launch date/time reveal.
- Details on our three new Strand Aspects.
- Recapping big changes coming with abilities.
- New Exotic armor focusing and stat roll details.
- Upcoming economy and crafting updates.
- A note on upcoming Season Passes.
- Trials of Osiris updates
- Sneak peek at new rewards and weapon changes.
- Learnings from Trials Labs.
- Updated Trials intro quest.
- Changes to Passages of Wealth and Mercy.
- Dominion as the new core mode.
- Flawless gilding update.
- New emblem reward.
- Trials map voting results.
- New Prime Gaming gear.
- Getting our Oprah on (again) with more wallpaper.
One Class to Rule Them All, or to at Least Get Bragging Rights... It’s that time, Guardians! Time to show off that class pride and show other Guardians what you’re made of. Or collect Medallions because ooh, shiny! We’re not here to judge.
In case you missed it, we dropped all the info you could possibly want about this year’s Guardian Games right here. If you’re in a rush (we get it), here’s what you may have missed.
The spirit of competition is alive and well with that familiar podium and daily crest seen at the Tower in all their glory... and Ms. Eva Levante. You simply can’t forget about Space Grandma. You know the drill by now: deposit Medallions like your life depends on it for select activities and hope your fellow class dwellers are doing the same. Whichever class has the most Medallions at the end of this year’s Guardian Games is the class that gets their tribute made in the Tower and the pride of knowing they’re simply the best. At least for this year.
Rollin' in the Deep With a Season 21 First Look Who doesn’t love a good teaser, amiright? Here’s our first look at what Season of the Deep will have to offer starting on May 23, at 10 AM Pacific.
And a version without text because come on, this art is dang pretty:
We’ve got plenty to share over the coming weeks, and a lot to dive into today. Including…
We Couldn’t Strand Waiting Any Longer to Talk About Three New Aspects Hey, Guardians. Combat Gameplay team here to spill the tea on the three new Strand Aspects that will become available when Season 21 launches. Our goal with these Aspects is to strengthen the existing Strand kits and expand the gameplay options of each class. You’ll be able to acquire these Aspects as part of a new pursuit after visiting the Pouka Pond in Neomuna’s Hall of Heroes. Let’s get into it.
Hunter Aspect: Threaded Specter
Activate your class ability to leave behind a decoy woven from Strand matter that draws the attention of nearby combatants.
After taking significant damage or when combatants approach, the decoy detonates, dealing damage and releasing Threadlings that seek out and attack nearby foes.
Pesky Cabal gunfire have you pinned down? Need a quick distraction so you can revive a teammate? Have you ever thought about what a bunch of Threadlings in a trench coat looks like? The new Threaded Specter Aspect for the Hunter Threadrunner might just be what you're looking for.
When players activate their dodge, they leave behind a decoy woven from Strand matter that draws the attention of enemies on the battlefield. Enemies will shoot at the Threaded Specter until it’s destroyed or expires, giving the Hunter and their fireteam enough time to get to safety. When destroyed, a Threaded Specter explodes into two Threadlings. Threaded Specter gives Hunter players access to Threadling generation and a new way to control the battlefield.
Titan Aspect: Flechette Storm
While sliding, activate your charged melee ability to leap into the air, knocking nearby targets away and dealing damage. While airborne, activate your charged melee again to launch a cluster of damaging, Unraveling projectiles. Repeatedly activating melee will chain additional throws.
Berserker Titans are known for their unbridled aggression. While sprinting headfirst into battle is often the best way to deploy Berserker abilities, we want to provide players with a tool that allows for more potency at range and gives Titans easier ways to unravel enemies. This is where Flechette Storm comes into play.
With Flechette Storm, Berserkers have access to a powerful new slide-melee attack that quickly launches them up into the air and blasts away any nearby enemies. While still airborne, press the melee button again to fire a cluster of tracking projectiles that deal heavy damage and unravel enemies.
Flechette Storm provides the Berserker with a ranged melee option while keeping with the spirit of their fast-paced gameplay.
Warlock Aspect: The Wanderer
Tangles you throw attach to enemies and detonate into a suspending burst. Threadling final blows create a Tangle.
Since the Warlock Broodweaver is a Strand minion master, it felt natural to explore additional ways the Broodweaver might weave life into the world around them. Enter The Wanderer—a sentient Tangle woven from Broodweaver brilliance.
When Warlocks equipped with this Aspect pick up a Tangle, they weave the Tangle into The Wanderer. When thrown, The Wanderer travels through the air, seeking targets. Once it finds a target, it soars towards them, latches on, and explodes into a Suspending detonation that deals damage and suspends any nearby enemies. To round out the gameplay loop, The Wanderer also enables Threadling final blows from any source to generate a Tangle.
The Wanderer gives Broodweavers another way to upgrade their Tangles and grants access to the suspend effect without needing a Shackle Grenade.
We’re pretty excited to get these new Strand Aspects in the game, and we hope you enjoy them when Season 21 launches. We’ll be monitoring their performance across the game and will continue to balance them over time.
Stasis, Strand, and Light Subclasses Get Their Glow-Ups for Season 21 Earlier this week, you may have seen a new blog post from our friendly Combat Gameplay team. The team dove into ability tuning changes that Guardians can look forward to with Season 21, including changes to roaming Supers that we think are pretty spiffy. From Fragment budget to a breakdown of both Stasis and Strand changes on the horizon, here’s a handy TL;DR for your viewing pleasure:
You can read the full blog post right here to learn more about what’s around the riverbend (come on, at least one ‘90s animation fan had to sing that last part).
- Tuning changes to Supers, including a nice buff to damage resistance and damage dealt in PvE.
- A class-by-class breakdown in Season 21 changes.
- What we’re doing to beef up Stasis.
- How subclass keywords are evolving for Arc and Solar players.
Economy Changes? In This Economy?! Wait... Let’s talk about the in-game economy, shall we? We’ve got a few things to go over, including changes to our power band, crafting economy changes, Exotic armor focusing, and even more:
We touched on this in the past but it’s worth repeating regarding Exotic armor focusing and decryption coming to Rahool at the start of Season 21:
- For the first time, we will not be increasing the power bands in Destiny 2 in Season 21.
- Power Floor (1600), Soft Cap (1750), Powerful Cap (1800), and Pinnacle Caps (1810) will not change over the course of Season 21.
- If players hit the Pinnacle Cap during Season 20, they will remain at the Pinnacle Cap in Season 21.Exotic Armor Focusing and Decryption
Exotic Focusing Tier 1
- Allows players to decrypt engrams for free.
- Players receive random drops from standard Exotic engram loot pools.
- No additional cost.
Exotic Focusing Tier 2
- Focus an engram to receive a random roll of an Exotic from the associated expansion.
- Red War: Exotic Helms
- Red War: Exotic Arms
- Red War: Exotic Chests
- Red War: Exotic Legs
- Forsaken: Exotic Armor
- Shadowkeep: Exotic Armor
- Beyond Light: Exotic Armor
- The Witch Queen: Exotic Armor
- Lightfall: Exotic Armor focusing will be coming in a future Season!
- Requires ownership of the associated expansion as well as having previously acquired all armor pieces within the engram for your class.
- It will cost:
- 1 Exotic engram.
- 30,000 Glimmer.
- 1 Ascendant Shard.
We have also taken a pass at the Exotic armor stat packages, so your Exotics should roll consistently higher stats, and with more frequent individual stat spikes starting in Season 21. You can expect the average stats to be in the mid-60s!
- Focus Specific Exotic Armor for high cost.
- Requires ownership of the associated expansion as well as having previously acquired that piece of armor.
- It has a higher cost:
- 1 Exotic engram.
- 60,000 Glimmer.
- 3 Ascendant Shards.
- 1 Exotic Cipher.
Lastly, since we are not raising the Pinnacle Cap in Season 21, the need for many Pinnacle Legendary rewards has dropped significantly. To help make playing in our evergreen ritual playlists more worthwhile, we are changing the rewards for the basic ‘complete activities’ challenges to a focusable Powerful Exotic engram. This gives most players 3 to 9 free, achievable, and deterministic weekly Exotic engrams, ready for focusing.
But yes, you will be losing some pinnacle drops, so reaching the Pinnacle Cap will be a bit slower for everyone. We are hoping the need for less pinnacle drops continues in future Seasons, but we will be looking at feedback and analytics, and are ready to adjust as necessary!
Other sources of focusable Exotic engrams:
You can expect additional focusable Exotic engram sources in future Seasons! Now, let’s set our sights on Deepsight activation and other crafting changes on the way.
- Random world drops
- Season Pass paid and free tracks (6 paid, 2 free per Season)
- Vendor reputation tracks (one each reset after the first)
Deepsight Activation and Crafting Economy Changes In Season 21, we will be adding the ability to electively activate Deepsight on weapon instances to obtain pattern progress. This capability will be accessible through a new mod slot in the weapon details screen for eligible weapons.
Crafting costs will also see a change in Season 21:
- To perform a Deepsight activation on a weapon, you will need a new Deepsight Harmonizer currency. Non-raid weapons will cost 1 Harmonizer, while raid weapons will require 15 Spoils of Conquest in addition to the 1 Harmonizer cost.
- This Deepsight Harmonizer currency can be obtained from Season pass rank rewards, 3 in the free ranks and another 3 in the paid. This will be the sole source of this currency for the initial rollout of the feature. Additionally, only one Harmonizer can be stored in the inventory at any time—this currency does not stack.
- Not all weapon instances will be compatible with Deepsight activation:
- You will be prevented from activating Deepsight for a weapon that has already had its pattern unlocked.
- Weapons that previously had Deepsight will be ineligible. You cannot activate Deepsight on a weapon instance which had originally been acquired with Deepsight, nor can you activate Deepsight multiple times on a single weapon instance.
- Weapon instances purchased from raid vendors will be ineligible, however weapons purchased from Xûr and the Gunsmith will support Deepsight activation.
Coming in Season 21, we have a number of quality-of-life updates we are excited to share with you! First up, let’s take a look at raid Triumphs.07-
- Legendary Shard costs will be removed from all crafting components. Glimmer and Enhancement Core costs will remain untouched.
- Enhanced weapon costs are based on weapon Masterwork costs, and thus will still require Legendary Shards as we are not yet modifying the weapon Masterwork economy in Season 21. ##Quality-of-Life Updates That We Think You'll Enjoy
Over the last year, the Raid and Dungeon team has added Triumphs to new raids and dungeons—Duality, Spire of the Watcher, and Root of Nightmares—which give a boosted chance to receive the Exotic weapon drop for that raid or dungeon once completed. In Season 21, we’re adding boosted Triumphs to legacy content with randomly dropped Exotic weapons to bring them up to our standard for raids and dungeons. We added them to existing Triumphs and are retroactive, so if you already have done the requisite Triumphs, you immediately start getting a boost!
Last Wish: One Thousand Voices
Deepstone Crypt: Eyes of Tomorrow
|TRIUMPH ||RATE BOOST |
|Petra's Run ||+3 |
|The New Meta ||+2 |
|Thunderstruck ||+1 |
|Sunburn ||+1 |
|Night Owl ||+1 |
|Habitual Wisher ||+1 |
|Challenges:Coliseum ChampionSummoning RitualStrength of MemoryKeep OutForever Fight ||+1 per (5 total) |
|TRIUMPH ||RATE BOOST |
|Survival of the Fittest ||+3 |
|Freezing Point ||+1 |
|Control Group ||+2 |
Copies of Copies
Of All Trades
The Core Four+1 (4 total) Complications:
5 Seconds to Paradise
Ready, Set, Go!+1 per (4 total)
Vow of the Disciple: Collective Obligation
|TRIUMPHS ||RATE BOOST |
|Risen from the Deep ||+3 |
|Master Difficulty "Vow of the Disciple" ||+2 |
|Together in the Deep ||+1 |
Looping Catalyst+1 (4 total) Complications:
On My Go
Handle With Care
Glyph to Glyph
Symmetrical Energy+1 per (4 total)
Vault of Glass: Vex Mythoclast
|TRIUMPHS ||RATE BOOST |
|Flawless Vault of Glass ||+3 |
|Master Glasser ||+1 |
Wait For It...The Only Oracle For YouOut of Its WayRabid RelicEyes on Antheon+1 per (5 total) Complications:
Strangers in Time
+1 per (5 total)
Kingsfall: Touch of Malice
|TRIUMPHS ||RATE |
|Crux of the King ||+3 |
|One True King ||+1 |
The Grass is Always GreenerDevious ThieveryGaze AmazeUnder ConstructionHands Off +1 per (5 total) Complications:
The Floor is Lava
Overwhelming Power +1 per (5 total)Finest Matterweave and Rainmaker Deprecation
As part of our ongoing efforts to simplify the economy of Destiny 2, it's time to say goodbye to the Finest Matterweave and Rainmaker consumable items. Starting in Season 21, these items will no longer drop from any source in the game. In any instance where players would have received a Finest Matterweave, they will receive 1 Enhancement Core instead. And whenever players would have gotten a drop of a Rainmaker, they will instead earn 3,000 Glimmer.
Furthermore, all existing instances of these items in players’ inventories can be consumed to directly grant their associated materials.
We haven't made wide-ranging updates to Vanguard bounties in a while, so we took a pass to make them friendlier!
- All existing instances of Finest Matterweave can be Dismantled for 1 Enhancement Core each.
- All existing instances of Rainmaker can be dismantled for 3000 Glimmer.Vanguard Bounty Updates
Existing daily bounties requiring you to get a specific type of kill—grenade, headshot, or any of the Special or Heavy weapons—now require twice as many kills to complete but can be done anywhere in the game, with increased progress in Vanguard Ops or Nightfalls. If you only plan on doing these in Vanguard activities, you should see no change in behavior.
We also added a number of new bounties:
Regarding repeatable bounties: all enemy-type kill bounties (Hive, Vex, Taken, Cabal, Fallen, Scorn) have significantly increased requirements, but can be advanced by killing any combatant in a Vanguard activity, with significantly increased progress for killing the correct type of combatant.
- Killing elites, mini-bosses, and Champions.
- Kills with elemental abilities, with bonuses for killing with a subclass verb.
- Complete 2 Vanguard activities.
We also added one new repeatable bounty—one for getting fireteam kills in a Vanguard activity.
Good Boy Protocol
Archie is returning in Season 21! Now that we’ve found him a permanent home in the Tower, we are re-introducing the Good Boy Protocol stat tracker and moving it to the Account/Career category. Your previous progress from Season 19 will also carry over!
Important Season Pass Info Starting with Season 21
As our teams continue to invest in crafting compelling Seasonal experiences for the year of Lightfall, there’s a heads-up we wanted to give regarding a small increase in the standalone Season Pass price, beginning with Season of the Deep. Here’s what you can expect:
This will be the new pricing for Season Passes in Lightfall’s year for those looking to maximize their rewards with each new Season, and we’ll be evaluating new approaches to post-launch content in the year of The Final Shape.
- Season Pass: 1,000 Silver -> 1,200 Silver
- Season Pass + 10 Ranks Bundle: 2,000 Silver -> 2,200 Silver
Pricing will remain unchanged for the Lightfall standard edition (which includes access to the current live Season at the time of purchase) and Lightfall + Annual Pass edition (which includes access to Seasons 20-23).
Trials: These Rewards Are Flawless and Weapon Changes on the Way Season 21 will be here before you know it, and luckily for Trials fans this means new rewards to earn are just around the corner. Next Season, Guardians will have a chance to unlock new Exotic cosmetic rewards when opening the Lighthouse rewards chest.
Hero’s Wake Exotic Ghost Shell
Valiant Memory Exotic Ship
Survivor’s Journey Exotic Sparrow
But that’s not all. We also have a new shader on the horizon called Glorious Patina that players will unlock the first time they open the Lighthouse rewards chest in Season 21.
This shader, and any shaders released in the future for Trials of Osiris, will be permanently unlocked once acquired. Transmog to your heart’s content, this beauty can be applied to any piece of equipment. Just as a head’s up: Glorious Patina will only be available to players who go Flawless during Season 21. Future Seasons will see the return of older Trials shaders (that were previously exclusive to Adept weapons) as rewards for completing the first Seasonal Flawless Ticket, and they will now be fully accessible and usable as on all your transmog-hungry gear.
For Season 21, here is what’s being added to Trials loot pool:
|SHADER NAME ||SEASON AVAILABLE AS FLAWLESS REWARD |
|Glorious Patina ||Season 21 |
|Bloodline Feud ||Season 22 |
|Vizier Regalia ||Season 23 |
The Messenger High-Impact Kinetic Pulse Rifle
Unexpected Resurgence Adaptive Arc Glaive
The Adept version of Unexpected Resurgence will be first available on the weekend of June 9, while the Adept version of The Messenger will be available on the weekend of June 16.
The following weapons will be removed from the standard loot pool in Season 21, but the non-Adept versions will be available via legacy focusing with Saint-14:
In Week 8, we ran a Trials Labs to test a new style of matchmaking for Trials of Osiris. Overall, the new system worked mostly as intended, but we did discover an issue with the Lobby Balancer which was causing high-skill solo players to often feel like matches were stacked against them. For some background, since we moved to using ticket-based matchmaking years ago, we have not been tracking skill in Trials and have not been utilizing any sort of skill-based lobby balancing either.
- The Inquisitor Shotgun
- Whistler’s Whim Bow
Let's Talk About Labs
The new matchmaking system allows us to match based on card-state and track skill, which we were planning to use for analytics purposes. Preemptively, we believed we had disabled the skill-based lobby balancing, as the intent of the new system was to maintain the randomized nature of the lobbies present in previous iterations of Trials. Unfortunately, this turned out to not be the case, and the previously latent lobby balancer came back online as soon as player’s skill values started to solidify over the weekend.
We were able to identify this issue through player reports in a timely manner and we have implemented a fix for Season 21, which will overwrite everyone in the Challenger pool’s skill with the same value, effectively randomizing the lobby balancing for all players pursuing Flawless. This fix will not be present in the Week 11 Labs during Season 20, but we will continue to monitor player feedback on the new system to make sure everything else is working as intended.
A second issue that came to our attention with the Week 8 Labs was that we did not communicate properly that, starting Sunday at reset, players who had already been Flawless could still farm Adept rewards on any 7-win card (even Flawed cards), like they could when the Flawless pool was active. For the Week 11 labs, we will be activating this feature starting as soon as Trials goes live on Friday. What this means is that, once you go Flawless, you can continue to play on that same 7-win card for the rest of the weekend (even if it is Flawed) and any win has a chance to grant you the Adept weapon for the week.
Because we have removed ticket-based matchmaking, if you want to help a friend get to the Lighthouse after you have already been, you do not need to reset your card, as the number of wins on it no longer influences the difficulty of the matches you will face. We believe this will make getting Flawless feel significantly more rewarding and should help to alleviate the friction between farming Adepts and helping other players to go Flawless.
Overall, the two soft pools system worked well, blending as needed to ensure connection quality stayed high and matchmaking times were fast, and the farming and stomp protection features both also functioned as designed in the Practice pool. For the Labs, we set the farming protection values aggressively, both to make sure they worked and to make sure that if anyone was attempting to farm, we would be able to catch them quickly before they could potentially cause issues. As stated, the intent of the system is to prevent nefarious people from attempting to abuse the Practice pool, not to prevent normal players from engaging with it if they choose to do so.
We believe we have captured the data we need to make accurate assessments, so we will be tuning the values for Season 21 to make it far less likely that any standard players get caught up by farming protection (we estimate less than 1% of the Trials population will even be eligible to trigger it moving forward, compared to approximately 5% during the first Labs weekend). This should allow the performance-based matchmaking used in the Practice pool to provide a high-quality experience for all players who choose to participate.
Anyway, enough about that. The real question is, “What is changing in Season 21 for Trials?” Glad you asked.
Trials of Osiris Intro Quest, Dominion, and More We want to make the Trials introductory quest more of an actual introduction to Trials and less of a “do a time-consuming thing before you can play Trials.”
In Season 20, new players are currently asked to get 50 Crucible kills, raise their Power level, and reset their Valor rank once. The last step is asking a lot and serves more as a barrier to entry for the mode than we’d like, in addition to not really preparing a player for the type of experience that Trials offers. New players are also not given any real reward for completing the quest outside of Trials access, which can feel bad given the time commitment required to complete it.
As such, we have made the following changes to the introductory quest for Trials:
As mentioned earlier in the Season, we are also updating a couple of our Trials Passage offerings to provide a better experience in the new system.
- Step 1
- Complete your Competitive placement matches (helps to get players introduced to 3v3 and revive game modes in an environment where they will be matched against similarly skilled opponents).
- Get 50 kills in Competitive.
- Raise your Power level.
- Step 2
- Pick up a Trials Passage.
- Play a game of Trials.
- Win 1 round of Trials.
- Get 1 elimination in Trials.
- A roll of the Astral Horizon Trials Shotgun!Triages Passages
In Season 21, we will be moving to Dominion as the core game mode for Trials. This is not a change we are making lightly, but after several Seasons of testing it in Trials Labs and analyzing both the positives and negatives, we believe this shift is in the best interest of Trials as a whole, for several reasons.
- Passage of Wealth
- Previously granted increased reputation on wins 3, 5, and 7 on a card.
- This is at odds with a system that wants you to continue playing on a 7-win card to get the most efficient progress and best rewards.
- In Season 21, this passage will grant +75 Trials rep for every win, along with an additional bonus for your current major rank in Trials, up to +150 total.
- This encourages players to stay on the same card and take advantage of the system granting more reputation for wins later in the card.
- Passage of Mercy
- In Season 21, this passage will forgive 2 losses if you have not yet been Flawless for the week.
- After going Flawless if you reset your card, it will revert to forgiving a single loss on each card.
- This will give all players a better chance of going Flawless for the first time each week, and for those players who can go Flawless without using both Mercies, it will give them additional opportunities to play for extra rewards while their first card remains Flawless.Dominion
We understand that switching to Dominion may make carrying other players to the Lighthouse a more difficult challenge due to the increased premium placed on solid teamwork, but it is important to note that those experiences must be weighed against the bulk of all player experiences in the playlist when we make decisions on what changes to implement.
- Offers a choice between playing Elimination and playing an objective.
- Offering an objective for players to focus on outside of kills can allow more types of players to contribute to winning.
- On average, games are 15% faster than standard Elimination games.
- The prevailing strategy for most Elimination games has devolved over the years to focus on passive play, waiting on someone to make a mistake and get picked, or just simply waiting for the zone to come up at the end of the round anyways.
- By spawning the zone earlier, it creates pressure for players to engage and fight earlier in the round and puts extreme passivity at a disadvantage.
- Objectives promote more varied engagements on the maps, as the zones direct players around the map and establish multiple defined fronts.
- Most engagements in standard Elimination happen at a single central location, generally centered around where the overtime zone will spawn.
- Having multiple zones allows for different permutations of rounds, based on team and zone spawn locations, which makes gameplay less static and pushes players to experience different engagement arenas on each map.
- Promotes a healthier sandbox variety in both weapons and subclasses.
- On weekends where we run Dominion, we see less consolidation around the general strongest elements in the sandbox and success is spread out amongst more weapon and subclass types.
- We have been hesitant to balance parts of the sandbox around a game mode that only rotated into Trials on occasion, but moving to it as the core mode will allow us to better focus on its sandbox and address the outliers in effectiveness that do exist.
- Provides us with more balancing levers to change the gameplay experience.
- If a map plays poorly in standard Elimination, there is little we can do to alter it.
- With Dominion, we have a larger number of levers we can use to modify how a map plays to provide the best and most balanced experience possible. For example, in Season 21 we will be changing the initial player and zone spawn locations on Burnout based on feedback from the first Season 20 Trials Lab.
- Teams will no longer spawn at Hall inside and East Yard outside, now both teams spawn between Tumbler and Yard on the East and West sides, and the zones will run down the center of the map at Middle Yard, Center, and Altar.
- Having multiple zones means we can make changes to maps more quickly to address concerns about flow or balance, allowing us to better manage asymmetrical maps.
We wanted to make some changes to gilding Flawless to better align it with the difficulty of gilding the Glorious title, and to focus more on rewarding players for their dedication and individual and team skill in the game mode.
The gilded Flawless requirements in Season 20 were as follows:
In Season 21, the requirements will change to the below:
- Get 180 kills.
- Collect 100 Rewards.
- Go Flawless with one of the Seasonal Exotic weapons equipped.
- Carry 2 players to Flawless.
- Win 7 games on a 7-win ticket.
We believe these changes better reflect the spirit of the game mode and show a level of core competency that is worthy of gilding the Flawless title.
- Get 500 kills.
- Earn 16 Trials ranks (reset Trials reputation once).
- Go Flawless and get 50 kills with one of the Seasonal Exotic weapons equipped.
- You do not need to get 50 kills with the weapon itself, you just need to have it equipped while you get 50 kills.
- Skill of the One – While on a ticket with 0 losses with the Light for the Lost emblem equipped:
- Win 20 games.
- Acquire the following medals.
- Double Kell (rapidly eliminate 2 opponents) – 10x.
- Skull Breaker (deal the most total damage to opponents in a match) – 5x.
- The Beginning (land the first elimination of a match) – 5x.
- Strength of the Many – While on a ticket with 0 losses with the Flawless Empyrean Emblem equipped:
- Win 20 games.
- Acquire the following medals.
- Flight of the Pigeon (win a match in which your team never trailed) – 10x.
- Paradoxically Perfect (as a team, win a round in which each player eliminates a different opponent, and no opponent is revived) – 10x.
- Time Trials (as a team, win a round within 20 seconds) – 5x.
Yo, Dawg, Got Any More of Those Emblems? For this new iteration of Trials, we wanted to provide a special, deterministic reward to allow players to prove their skill above and beyond simply going Flawless. This emblem will be rewarded to players when they open the Flawless chest at the Lighthouse if they did not trail during any of their wins on their Flawless run (meaning you must get a Flight of the Pigeon medal for every win). Highly skilled players may be able to achieve this feat on their first Lighthouse run, but for others, it may be a significantly more challenging achievement, and we hope the emblem will be something players are proud to show off that they have earned.
Speaking of Trials... Map voting results here. Too soon to call now, but Rusted is in the lead.
Guardians voted and the results are in. Go out there and make ‘ol Saint-14 proud with Rusted Lands. For those personally invested in the results of this (which… we get it), here’s how Convergence and Disjunction fared in the voting polls:
Now time for some freebies. It’s that time again, time for players with Prime Gaming to snag some free gear with a new Destiny 2 bundle that’s up for grabs. Here’s what you can get for May’s drop:
- Disjunction 30%
- Convergence 29%
- Rusted Lands 41% ##Free Prime Gaming Gear? Free Prime Gaming Gear. Let’s Do This.
For any Guardians that may want a refresher on what Prime Gaming even is, it is a program with Amazon Prime that offers players a select few Exotics and Legendary goodies to unlock. It’s super easy to use too. Just sign up for your Prime Gaming account and link it to your Bungie.net account. (If you have Amazon Prime, congrats! You also have Prime Gaming.) Once signed in, you can select the spiffy cosmetics link to claim them, and then they’ll be waiting for you in the Tower with Rahool the next time you log in.
- Hit the Bag Exotic Emote
- Phalanx Exotic Ghost Shell
- Alton’s Ambus Legendary Sparrow
- Pumping Iron Legendary Ghost Holo Projection
You Get Free Wallpaper, You Get Free Wallpaper, Everybody Gets Free Wallpaper! You know the drill, let’s just drop some freebie wallpaper for you to enjoy. Your computer can’t compute if it ain’t cute.
Desktop Guardian Games Wallpapers
Image Linkimgur** Mobile-Friendly Wallpapers**
Player Support Report This year’s official DPS endorsement goes to the Warlocks.
The games are live and so is our updated Known Issues list. Our wonderous Player Support team is back with more updates on the state of the game and what’s coming down the immediate pipeline.
Known Issues List Help Forum Bungie Help Twitter
Guardian Games has returned and will run from May 2 until May 23 at the weekly reset. Check out our Guardian Games help article for more information on the event and how to compete for your team!
Hotfix 188.8.131.52 was released earlier this week on Tuesday, May 2. Players can view the full list of fixes and updates that are now live in the 184.108.40.206 Patch Notes.
UPGRADED EVENT CARD
Players who purchase the upgraded Event Card should ensure that they have opened the Guardian Games Event Pack bundle, located in their Wrapped Items or Consumables Inventory, in order to claim the instant-unlock items. Players who do not claim the bundle from the Event Card prior to the end of Guardian Games will not receive their items.
While we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum.
- The node for normal Supremacy matchmaking is missing its description.
- Some Guardian Games quests are only progressing with Bronze medals, or medals from the recreational Vanguard Guardian Games playlist.
- Wish-Ender does not penetrate extended Phalanx or Hydra shields.
- In the Lake of Shadows Nightfall, wiping in the final boss room will cause some enemies and Champions in a previous room to respawn, blocking Platinum rewards.
- The Vexcalibur catalyst Triumph is not completing.
- Some gilded titles are no long
submitted by DTG_Bot
to DestinyTheGame [link] [comments]
2023.04.25 18:33 AutoGif Despicable Me Minions GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
2023.04.25 16:33 AutoGif Despicable Me Minions GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
2023.04.22 04:04 subreddit_stats Subreddit Stats: OnePieceLiveAction top posts from 2020-11-02 to 2023-04-22 00:46 PDT
Period: 900.96 days
| ||Submissions ||Comments |
|Total ||1000 ||11216 |
|Rate (per day) ||1.11 ||14.14 |
|Unique Redditors ||272 ||1654 |
|Combined Score ||59124 ||62032 |
Top Submitters' Top Submissions
- 7161 points, 61 submissions: HizzOVizzA
- Jacob Bertrand with Taz Skylar at the Baratie (412 points, 9 comments)
- OPLA squad watching Minions (274 points, 19 comments)
- I hope RogersBase showed them the kind messages from the server! (222 points, 54 comments)
- Forget Mackenyu. This is the perfect Zoro casting. (214 points, 15 comments)
- More wrap party footage (191 points, 13 comments)
- More old footage of Emily training her kicks. Move over, Taz! (180 points, 10 comments)
- Inaki, Emily and Jacob at dinner. I love the bonding! (175 points, 26 comments)
- Some more cast hangout (at Cornell Skop) (165 points, 11 comments)
- Good looking Nami and a good looking Nami tee (159 points, 2 comments)
- Happy Birthday to Luffy, from Inaki Godoy himself. What are your dreams? #LuffysBirthdayNetflix (156 points, 12 comments)
- 4219 points, 157 submissions: KingKongDestroyer
- Prove it (71 points, 16 comments)
- Day 22 of drawing shitty One Piece pictures until casting news for the live action is released. Taz Skylar as Sanji. (62 points, 14 comments)
- Day 70 of drawing shitty One Piece pictures until the teaser for the live action is released. Volleyball Showdown. (62 points, 4 comments)
- Day 1 of hand drawing shitty One Piece pictures until the teaser for the live action is released. GOAT MC. (61 points, 7 comments)
- Day 68 of drawing shitty One Piece pictures until the teaser for the live action is released. Far Into the Future. (59 points, 2 comments)
- Day 16 of drawing shitty One Piece pictures until the teaser for the live action is released. Stretchiest Neck in the West. (57 points, 0 comments)
- Day 25 of drawing shitty One Piece pictures until the teaser for the live action is released. Look Who Stole Santa's Milk. (57 points, 2 comments)
- Day 59 of drawing shitty One Piece pictures until the teaser for the live action is released. Left Right Left. (57 points, 2 comments)
- Day 22 of drawing shitty One Piece pictures until the teaser for the live action is released. Mont Blanc Cricket. (56 points, 3 comments)
- Day 67 of drawing shitty One Piece pictures until the teaser for the live action is released. Rudolph vs. Chopper. (50 points, 1 comment)
- 3510 points, 81 submissions: BFHDESIGN
- Craig fairbrass as Zeff made by me (137 points, 6 comments)
- One piece poster made by me (99 points, 1 comment)
- The reverse mountain Poster concept made by me (98 points, 2 comments)
- Jamie camball brower as spandam (97 points, 9 comments)
- Zoro character poster made by me (97 points, 2 comments)
- Taika Waititi for hiriluk (93 points, 9 comments)
- Paul Sun-Hyung Lee for tom (91 points, 1 comment)
- Zoro missing person poster made by me (79 points, 0 comments)
- Henry Cavill As Captain Smoker Made by me (77 points, 16 comments)
- Grant Ross as genzo made by me (73 points, 1 comment)
- 2634 points, 22 submissions: Psychological_Cat400
- Iñaki Godoy (Luffy) is done filming Season 1 (303 points, 13 comments)
- Fan made cg trailer on skypea (270 points, 16 comments)
- NATALIE WALSH is working on the One Piece Live Action as Nami's stunt double. (248 points, 18 comments)
- CAMERON GROEP is working with the OPLA stunt team, most likely as a double for Luffy. (176 points, 10 comments)
- Do you think this is Emily Rudd’s Nami costume? (174 points, 20 comments)
- FINALLY FOTAGE of how it looks like when they are filming THE GOING MARY!!! (147 points, 9 comments)
- Looks like Sanji will be smoking (147 points, 34 comments)
- The filming for One Piece Live Action Season 1 has officially wrapped! (137 points, 11 comments)
- Inaki Godoy starting becomming luffy (135 points, 3 comments)
- Tribute poster to the live action (134 points, 4 comments)
- 2308 points, 24 submissions: MuriloZR
- New images of the Merry and the Red Force! (259 points, 53 comments)
- First look at the Baratie (202 points, 22 comments)
- Lindsay Reardon has been cast as Major Boodle (175 points, 7 comments)
- These are the confirmed cast members we know of so far (163 points, 20 comments)
- Amber Hossack has been cast as Moodie (Fullbody's girlfriend) (159 points, 18 comments)
- Stevel Marc has been confirmed as Yasopp (152 points, 10 comments)
- Jandre Le Roux was cast as Kuroobi (151 points, 15 comments)
- Official information about the OPLA is going to be revealed at Netflix's Geeked Week 2022 (June 6-10). (126 points, 10 comments)
- New addition to the cast: Kamdynn Gary will play Rika (96 points, 28 comments)
- Eyecatcher in OPLA style (65 points, 1 comment)
- 1709 points, 15 submissions: Vishwjeet
- Netflix Originals director talks about Oda's involvement in the One Piece Live Action. (282 points, 118 comments)
- Episode 1 & 2 wrapped! (227 points, 35 comments)
- I love their energy 😁. Luffy reviews Sanji's food. (192 points, 19 comments)
- Taz and Emily cooking together (164 points, 10 comments)
- This photo was shared by Official twitter of One Piece comics. An announcement is coming on March 28. 1st pic is likely of Luffy's Straw hat, and the 2nd pic is of Capetown. (159 points, 26 comments)
- Luffy made a new friend (114 points, 9 comments)
- Rogersbase was doing an IG livestream about onepiece and guess who joined in? OPLA Crew!! (110 points, 5 comments)
- Taz Skylar doing some underwater diving. He likely had to learn it for his Arlong park fight in water. (82 points, 16 comments)
- Inaki on his throne ☠️👑 (81 points, 7 comments)
- Possible sneak peek of Chouchou the dog by Jason cho (he's in the writer's team) (76 points, 14 comments)
- 1454 points, 18 submissions: ColeLaser
- Drew Steven Ward as Mihawk 🗡 (141 points, 8 comments)
- Drew Ilia Isorelýs Paulino as Alvida (120 points, 14 comments)
- I drew Luffy's wanted poster with Iñaki Godoy (116 points, 13 comments)
- It ain't no trailer but Happy OP day you lot. (109 points, 9 comments)
- Drew Jeff Ward as Buggy The Clown (102 points, 13 comments)
- Drew Peter Gadiot as Shanks (101 points, 9 comments)
- Doubt he'll be cast but - Drew Johnny D. Epp as Gold Roger (93 points, 20 comments)
- Mckinley Belcher III as Arlong (84 points, 3 comments)
- Drew the East Blue Strawhats (81 points, 4 comments)
- Drawing of Zoro's introduction scene (73 points, 7 comments)
- 1091 points, 9 submissions: OPLAfandom
- Leaked images of Zoro wearing his bandana and using the Three Sword Style (197 points, 43 comments)
- Introducing #OnePieceAdaptation — Comparing the manga with the Netflix version (193 points, 9 comments)
- [RUMOR] According to a reliable source, the One Piece Live Action will release on August 31, 2023. (178 points, 23 comments)
- Rebaone Kgosimore was cast as Mr. 7 (148 points, 23 comments)
- Infamous Fly has been cast for the role of Batchee (114 points, 6 comments)
- According to a recent addition to the WGA, it seems like the writers' team are already working on the scripts for Season 2. (98 points, 13 comments)
- Infographic about the One Piece Live Action Season 1 production schedule (85 points, 1 comment)
- We made a video compiling the highlights of the year in our community. Happy New Year!! (55 points, 3 comments)
- Hi everyone! We are here to announce the opening of our @OPLAfandom social medias, where we'll be mainly posting about RUMORS & SPECULATIONS from the Discord server. (23 points, 2 comments)
- 1038 points, 22 submissions: desunesu
- Leaks from the Set! Cropped bc don't want to get anybody in trouble! (154 points, 16 comments)
- The "Leaks" are FAKE here is why (made by Harlequinn King) (144 points, 23 comments)
- Is this a hint? Iñaki and Netflix quoted " We Are" in the right order! (92 points, 13 comments)
- Matt Owens about the Live Action at the XI Reverie (87 points, 21 comments)
- I drew myself on Luffyland's shoulder! This will be an exciting year! (82 points, 2 comments)
- Possible OPLA Episode Schedule made by me! What do you think? (69 points, 12 comments)
- BIG YTers spreading the Fake Test Screening left and right, it has to stop! (47 points, 16 comments)
- FANSHIRT: I redraw it for everyone who wants to print his own OPLA Shirt! (45 points, 3 comments)
- Cast Reveal but with the japanese voices! I am exited for the dubbed version too xD (42 points, 8 comments)
- Clips from the OPLA Actors - You wanted more! Here it is! (36 points, 5 comments)
- 1016 points, 4 submissions: DemiFiendRSA
- Netflix's One Piece live-action series adds Colton Osorio as young Luffy (295 points, 83 comments)
- Langley Kirkwood, Celeste Loots, Alexander Mantis, Craig Fairbrass, Steven Ward, and Chioma Umeala join the cast of Netflix’s live action One Piece. (293 points, 160 comments)
- New cast members revealed (259 points, 89 comments)
- One Piece: Set Sneak Peek First Look Netflix Geeked Week (169 points, 37 comments)
- 942 points, 21 submissions: Boss_Aesop
- Fancast: Bruno Mars as Gaimon (112 points, 17 comments)
- If Cranston plays Whitebeard the glasses stay on. (85 points, 7 comments)
- Fancast: Al Pacino as Dr. Hiriluk (Hiruruku) (78 points, 8 comments)
- Fancast: Bryan “Walter White” Cranston as Whitebeard (75 points, 20 comments)
- Fancast: Mimi Davila as “Devil Child” Nico Robin (73 points, 13 comments)
- How Sanji’s Fight Scenes will look in OPLA (best timeline) (67 points, 5 comments)
- Live Action should begin with an adaptation of these 5 pages from Chapter Zero (63 points, 106 comments)
- Oda’s favorite character Gaimon axed from OPLA? (55 points, 37 comments)
- Cavill Dalgliesh Henry as villain Sir Crocodile (51 points, 23 comments)
- Will motion-capture tech be used for Chopper or too expensive? (47 points, 21 comments)
- 916 points, 25 submissions: LEGENDARYKILLERLORD
- FANCAST: ROBIN AND FRANKY (98 points, 26 comments)
- FANCAST: BAROQUE WORKS AGENTS (78 points, 13 comments)
- ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS OF THIS SUBREDDIT. POSSIBLE ACE ACTOR FOUND (70 points, 22 comments)
- FANCAST: TOP MARINES (65 points, 20 comments)
- Im probably insane for this one but does anyone else see it?????? (56 points, 9 comments)
- MY YONKO CASTING (NO SHANKS) WITH ULTRA HIGH TECH CUTTING EDGE SPECIAL EFFECTS ATTACHED (MICROSOFT PAINT) (56 points, 26 comments)
- FANCAST: SIMON WOODS FOR DOFLAMINGO (49 points, 9 comments)
- CASTING IDEA: Jon Bernthal (44 points, 30 comments)
- FANCAST: BOBBY CANNAVALE AS CROCODILE (40 points, 4 comments)
- Fancast: Chris Tashima as Sengoku (37 points, 8 comments)
- 906 points, 12 submissions: KingOfTheSeasLuffy
- Emily Rudd being wholesome (429 points, 17 comments)
- The observation haki on this guy (109 points, 6 comments)
- Welcome to the Strawhats (by @_ceceru) (108 points, 6 comments)
- The reaction to the Netflix original director talking about working with ODA has brought out the most brain dead takes from people (91 points, 20 comments)
- One Piece's budget rn is more than likely far more than 10 million per episode (46 points, 14 comments)
- Captain (28 points, 1 comment)
- So we looking at 2023 summer release for season 1? (26 points, 11 comments)
- Acting clips of Luffy's live action actor (19 points, 1 comment)
- Season content guesses (16 points, 17 comments)
- Trailer release predictions? (14 points, 3 comments)
- 883 points, 6 submissions: KingButPrince
- The screenwriter and executive producer Matt Owens on Instagram to Jamie Lee Curtis, it's happening boys (229 points, 6 comments)
- Going Merry for the live action, what do y’all think? (208 points, 69 comments)
- mckinley started shooting (183 points, 10 comments)
- Shanks Ship and Windmill Village (163 points, 9 comments)
- Do you guys think the live action should have a opening song with another version of We Are? (55 points, 26 comments)
- RogersBase is visiting the set! (45 points, 11 comments)
- 571 points, 10 submissions: CthulhuSlayingLife
- Langley Kirkwood on One Piece (181 points, 6 comments)
- Mera Mera no Mi eyecatcher by zed_graphicart (116 points, 4 comments)
- Gomu Gomu no Mi eyecatcher by zed_graphicart (108 points, 10 comments)
- Drop your live action predictions (39 points, 42 comments)
- Do you think they're gonna keep krieg's ship size? (31 points, 4 comments)
- Which character are you most excited to see in live action? (26 points, 28 comments)
- How will they adap the creatures? (22 points, 10 comments)
- How do you think they're gonna handle the comedy? (21 points, 23 comments)
- Do you think they're gonna give garp a muscle suit? (14 points, 8 comments)
- How do you think they're gonna do Yoru? (13 points, 4 comments)
- 556 points, 2 submissions: Aphrodite-descendant
- Perfect cast please choose her Oda (537 points, 25 comments)
- Will they have the same theme song as anime? (19 points, 18 comments)
- 547 points, 5 submissions: OnePiece_Netflix_Fan
- Production Begins!!!! Special Message from the One Piece Live Action Cast - Jump Festa 2022 (209 points, 18 comments)
- Taz Skylar in a recent interview talked about his personal experience on how he relates to Sanji and cooking. He also talked about his preparation for the role and handling the expectations from huge fan base of one piece. Article: nuitmagazine.com/mag/taz-skylar (126 points, 11 comments)
- First look at the Clapperboards used for filming of live action one piece. (112 points, 11 comments)
- A closer look at possibly Alvida's ship in Cape Town Film Studios. (91 points, 5 comments)
- #DiscussingOPLA - Twitter Space hosted by our mods. Set your reminders. 8th Feb, 9PM EST. (9 points, 4 comments)
- 543 points, 11 submissions: Ben__Harlan
- New info from Netflix Geeked on the live action confirmed to show up at 9:53 AM PT on June 6th (97 points, 9 comments)
- According to South Afrika's Film Academy, the production of the live action is ready to start (60 points, 17 comments)
- Another leaked image of the set. Seems like they're making rehearsals for some scenes with the Marines (58 points, 6 comments)
- McKinley Belcher III posts a photo of "Angry Fish man remover" (57 points, 14 comments)
- Taz Skylar (Sanji) has published a video in spanish with a heavy canary accent, to tell everyone how happy he is to be cast and calling Oda "bro", and spanish Twitter users are happy and horny (51 points, 9 comments)
- Taz Skylar may be starting to prepare his stunts. IG Story with stuntman residing in South Africa, Matt Esof, expert in taekwondo (46 points, 2 comments)
- Iñaki Godoy's movie "Ánimo Juventud", is available on lots of streaming platforms, if you want to watch our Pirate King's past work, dunno if they have non spanish subtitles (44 points, 5 comments)
- I just watched "Ánimo Juventud" because our captain Iñaki Gody was there and wanted a taste of what he could bring. (40 points, 9 comments)
- Steve Maeda maybe hyping TUDUM for people wanting to see something from OPLA (39 points, 6 comments)
- Translation from Iñaki Godoy's recent quick Q&A on Instagram (33 points, 5 comments)
- 514 points, 2 submissions: Kaustubh_9
- SHANKS FINALLY REVEALED!! (317 points, 55 comments)
- FIRST LOOK AT GARP'S SHIP!! i personally really like this one wbu? (197 points, 15 comments)
- 454 points, 6 submissions: MangaArtGuy
- This movie has humour and action similar to anime like onepiece. let me know yours thoughts on this clip. (139 points, 18 comments)
- What if OPLA continues we get a scene like this in thriller bark, zombies dancing to thriller. (117 points, 9 comments)
- UMEALA AS NOJIKO IN ONEPIECE LIVE-ACTION- ART BY ME (85 points, 25 comments)
- Actor playing Zoro in another live-action (46 points, 4 comments)
- NEW CASTING ANNOUNCEMENT (45 points, 6 comments)
- Jenna Ortega as Perona (22 points, 8 comments)
- 414 points, 6 submissions: adosanjh
- From Taz Skylar’s Instagram. (141 points, 4 comments)
- So, that’s confirmed. It’s not going to be a wig, shocking how many people jumped to complain about his hair. (70 points, 10 comments)
- Iñaki just exuding Luffy energy (66 points, 2 comments)
- A compilation of memes from twitter #findingzoro (57 points, 4 comments)
- Taz Skylar’s (Sanji) Instagram story. Seems like the cast will be arriving in Cape Town any day now. We might get a video of the whole cast together from the production team pretty soon. (51 points, 3 comments)
- This sub will become massive soon (29 points, 5 comments)
- 411 points, 12 submissions: King_Harlequinn_008
- Someone else showed a few of these too, but here are some of my fav #FindingZoro posts. The last few are mine, so I'm a bit biased lol (63 points, 3 comments)
- Suprise I'm back with another pacing thingamajig. It's pretty different this time+I've reread the whole series. If you don't feel like reading blocks of text... that's fair, skip on by (59 points, 24 comments)
- OPLA Pacing: Now with pictures (season 2 electric boogaloo) (47 points, 7 comments)
- Yet another revision. Not all the seasons are gonna be 10 episodes, and some of yall's OCD about that is weird to me. Other than that, I think I'm gonna stop with these because I've exhausted the pacing topic. Or at least I'm exhausted of it. (47 points, 27 comments)
- Revised, last (probably), pacing post. I don't know why I wasted all that time trying to pace out a show that may or may not be worth the speculation effort, but skimming the series was super fun! I should probably just re-read at this point (40 points, 11 comments)
- One Piece Live Action Cover Story: "The Waiting Gang's Endless Quest for Official News" by Crow with a Hat#4822 on the discord server. (36 points, 17 comments)
- My last one was really sloppy and cobbled together. Here's how I think season 1 should be paced (with at least 1 panel from every chapter, to give you a solid idea of what I think should be in each episode) (34 points, 15 comments)
- How I would pace the rest of the pre-timeskip (given that the show is good and warrants a 2nd season ofc (31 points, 6 comments)
- I've made several pacing posts, but it has now finally occurred to me that just writing chapters numbers with no context is unhelpful. I've been updating the pacing during my re-read (Just got to Amazon Lily). So I might do more like this for future seasons. (18 points, 9 comments)
- How I would pace the first season of the One Piece Netflix show vs How I would pace it with the imdb episode titles. (16 points, 10 comments)
- 407 points, 5 submissions: KeyofTime15_
- The Live action cast made it into the Latest One Piece manga volume! (153 points, 5 comments)
- Leaked release date? couldn't help but notice this in Mackenyu's bio. sorry if someone already posted this. (85 points, 12 comments)
- The straw hats interacting 😊 Love to see it (71 points, 7 comments)
- This was just posted! Guess filming is starting now!! (50 points, 3 comments)
- From Taz Skylar's story I see Victoria wharf which is in cape town! I guess filming is starting soon (Or was this already confirmed?) (48 points, 9 comments)
- 392 points, 3 submissions: AstralCat69420
- I made an alignment chart based on all the different ways Chopper could be handled. (225 points, 30 comments)
- Just a thought for if Netflix actually lets the series make it to Drum Island... (art by me) (127 points, 19 comments)
- Colleen O'Shaugnessy as the voice of Tony Tony Chopper (40 points, 11 comments)
- 376 points, 1 submission: Pipo_Monkey
- HD First Looks (376 points, 98 comments)
- 368 points, 5 submissions: INFPbud
- Someone said Anya as Robin. (141 points, 24 comments)
- Inaki styling a shirt Emily bought (101 points, 8 comments)
- How I think the seasons will go … (46 points, 28 comments)
- Villain in Mulan kinda looks like Kaido but he’s a bit small … still the could use CGI since he’s so massive anyway 🤷♀️ (45 points, 11 comments)
- Chrissy girl as Vivi? 🤷♀️ (35 points, 38 comments)
- 347 points, 4 submissions: maritoff
- zoro misses you usopp (142 points, 8 comments)
- Jamie lee curtis is Dr. kureha confirmed? (89 points, 8 comments)
- one piece cap emily (Nami) (71 points, 3 comments)
- drawing artist a gift for emily (Nami) (45 points, 0 comments)
- 328 points, 2 submissions: Soft-Comfort-7474
- Arlong’s actor posted this following the casting announcement (195 points, 18 comments)
- Jamie Lee Curtis has expressed interest in portraying as Dr. Kureha 👀 (133 points, 3 comments)
- MuriloZR (2851 points, 302 comments)
- HizzOVizzA (1407 points, 135 comments)
- Ben__Harlan (1380 points, 180 comments)
- princesoceronte (1042 points, 102 comments)
- LEGENDARYKILLERLORD (824 points, 299 comments)
- Ilyena87 (817 points, 143 comments)
- Ruffeep (800 points, 62 comments)
- CRoseCrizzle (796 points, 62 comments)
- justsomeguy020 (706 points, 56 comments)
- PieNinja314 (677 points, 55 comments)
- januarysdaughter (660 points, 40 comments)
- West_Conclusion_1239 (651 points, 29 comments)
- DutchLudovicus (633 points, 206 comments)
- giangerd (632 points, 82 comments)
- creeperchamp (525 points, 70 comments)
- MJDooiney (498 points, 28 comments)
- Due_Abbreviations285 (497 points, 53 comments)
- BoootCamp (453 points, 42 comments)
- Vishwjeet (418 points, 31 comments)
- jesusunderline (399 points, 38 comments)
- Heydude1001 (376 points, 57 comments)
- nagemada (363 points, 35 comments)
- GavernB (361 points, 59 comments)
- LoveMinaMyoi (322 points, 29 comments)
- TheLastClap (315 points, 48 comments)
- red_madreay (313 points, 48 comments)
- Carasind (291 points, 65 comments)
- gornky (288 points, 29 comments)
- Jake_D_Dogg (286 points, 51 comments)
- Scared_Bobcat_5584 (283 points, 27 comments)
- iHate_tomatoes (280 points, 63 comments)
- mezonsen (277 points, 36 comments)
- conDoriano56 (269 points, 40 comments)
- AutumnKiwi (267 points, 42 comments)
- RedDShotgun (265 points, 35 comments)
- ColeLaser (264 points, 77 comments)
- okohno91 (264 points, 37 comments)
- KingOfTheSeasLuffy (263 points, 24 comments)
- OPLAfandom (260 points, 11 comments)
- King_Harlequinn_008 (259 points, 101 comments)
- kaizokuxbunny (257 points, 39 comments)
- Lasernatoo (251 points, 20 comments)
- stephennotstrange (246 points, 18 comments)
- PrinceOfAssassins (243 points, 40 comments)
- GameMusic (242 points, 45 comments)
- dohtje (235 points, 61 comments)
- desunesu (227 points, 64 comments)
- Daphnex96 (227 points, 53 comments)
- Acceptable-Lie-3377 (227 points, 16 comments)
- Psychological_Cat400 (223 points, 48 comments)
- DJ_S31 (223 points, 11 comments)
- Scoodsie (221 points, 50 comments)
- bamboo-y (217 points, 21 comments)
- J_C_F_N (215 points, 17 comments)
- Dream1Eater (214 points, 11 comments)
- Turbulent_piratefart (211 points, 72 comments)
- Panino87 (211 points, 48 comments)
- CoupZoom (208 points, 27 comments)
- joexx4 (206 points, 20 comments)
- KaneCarnage (205 points, 30 comments)
- gavino69 (199 points, 10 comments)
- willwiso (197 points, 22 comments)
- Salt_Marionberry_611 (196 points, 58 comments)
- HadlockDillon (195 points, 29 comments)
- hoboshoe (194 points, 23 comments)
- hadinowman (192 points, 62 comments)
- Radikost (192 points, 18 comments)
- Cupcake77 (190 points, 10 comments)
- SoggySet3096 (189 points, 48 comments)
- BravoSix98 (187 points, 39 comments)
- jairngo (178 points, 54 comments)
- PushoverMediaCritic (174 points, 9 comments)
- KbCrespo (169 points, 5 comments)
- Gullible_Ad3378 (166 points, 21 comments)
- Zarakydragneel (165 points, 15 comments)
- zap12shirt (162 points, 15 comments)
- TK464 (158 points, 21 comments)
- xArctics (158 points, 14 comments)
- Notoryctemorph (152 points, 8 comments)
- BFHDESIGN (151 points, 47 comments)
- strawhatmml (151 points, 14 comments)
- heartashley (151 points, 10 comments)
- maverick_css (147 points, 16 comments)
- protect-ya-neck (144 points, 8 comments)
- Aweeep (141 points, 23 comments)
- Antoniofassini (138 points, 62 comments)
- Janus_Clericus (138 points, 21 comments)
- TbagAir (138 points, 5 comments)
- herrsebbe (137 points, 21 comments)
- someinsanity01 (137 points, 5 comments)
- Kantlim (135 points, 22 comments)
- LeadPrevenger (134 points, 37 comments)
- volttamer (133 points, 10 comments)
- bloxheadz (132 points, 29 comments)
- Filmologic (132 points, 12 comments)
- kaosctrl510 (132 points, 12 comments)
- pm_me_ur_memes_son (131 points, 20 comments)
- TheKnightA (131 points, 12 comments)
- Outside_Mousse_2176 (131 points, 8 comments)
- ginxcer (130 points, 20 comments)
- Perfect cast please choose her Oda by Aphrodite-descendant (537 points, 25 comments)
- Emily Rudd being wholesome by KingOfTheSeasLuffy (429 points, 17 comments)
- Jacob Bertrand with Taz Skylar at the Baratie by HizzOVizzA (412 points, 9 comments)
- HD First Looks by Pipo_Monkey (376 points, 98 comments)
- SHANKS FINALLY REVEALED!! by Kaustubh_9 (317 points, 55 comments)
- This clip is adorable (and he has good taste) by anxioussmallperson (306 points, 35 comments)
- Iñaki Godoy (Luffy) is done filming Season 1 by Psychological_Cat400 (303 points, 13 comments)
- Netflix's One Piece live-action series adds Colton Osorio as young Luffy by DemiFiendRSA (295 points, 83 comments)
- Langley Kirkwood, Celeste Loots, Alexander Mantis, Craig Fairbrass, Steven Ward, and Chioma Umeala join the cast of Netflix’s live action One Piece. by DemiFiendRSA (293 points, 160 comments)
- Netflix Originals director talks about Oda's involvement in the One Piece Live Action. by Vishwjeet (282 points, 118 comments)
- 113 points: KbCrespo's comment in Why Luffy isn’t wearing sandals explained by Emily Rudd (Nami)
- 112 points: januarysdaughter's comment in Jacob Gibson's Message 🤍 He plays Usopp. Let's enjoy the ride 🏴☠️
- 111 points: gavino69's comment in Leaked images of Zoro wearing his bandana and using the Three Sword Style
- 109 points: someinsanity01's comment in Rebaone Kgosimore was cast as Mr. 7
- 107 points: PushoverMediaCritic's comment in Netflix's One Piece live-action series adds Colton Osorio as young Luffy
- 103 points: MuriloZR's comment in Nami in costume…?
- 97 points: MJDooiney's comment in How come Mackenyu is not on any pictures?
- 97 points: princesoceronte's comment in What scene is everyone most excited for?
- 95 points: AutumnKiwi's comment in HD First Looks
- 92 points: Ruffeep's comment in What about Mackenyu Arata?
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats
submitted by subreddit_stats
to subreddit_stats [link] [comments]
2023.04.20 11:22 NoElevator202 Dear Sincere,
I wasn't going to address this publicly. In fact, the first time I heard a rumor about your "preferential treatment" here in the dumpster, I planned on just ignoring it. Historically, people accuse me of playing favorites no matter the situation. Hell, I've even been accused of being one of D's minions. So at the time, it wasn't worth the mental energy of addressing.
But then I was told that you said it on live AGAIN. That you have "connections" with a mod in here, and that we delete posts about you. Why you would inflate what I considered cordial conversation into something much more is beyond me. But you leave me in a precarious situation with your blatant lies, and I feel I must now address it publicly.
Have I removed things that you've pointed out to me? If they break the rules, yes. But I do that for everyone; there are no special favors here. I removed Daniela's house image (which actually technically didn't break the rules, but I digress). I removed body shaming comments about practically everyone involved in this lore, including Nat. I removed an abelist post and comments about Mama D. I removed gross comments about Joseph's SA. Regardless of the person involved, if it breaks the rules, it's gone.
On the other side of the coin, I have left up posts about a very close friend of mine, because they did not break the rules. I have let members drag me in the comments on more than one occasion. And I've left up the comments from sock accounts in the last week that reveal my legal name. The very idea that I would leave all of that up, yet remove posts that mention you... I mean, make it make sense
While I do try to be nice and understanding when someone comes to my inbox with complaints, no one gets special treatment on this sub. My true friends know that I stand behind the ideals that Zombie, Nunya and I have worked hard to build here, and they do not expect special favors. So why you continue to exaggerate our civil conversations and twist shit to have people believe that I am NOT fair and unbiased, is beyond me. And quite frankly, it's highly disrespectful.
To suggest that I run this sub unethically, when I have been nothing but nice to you since you initially came to me for guidance, is very disheartening. Do not come into my inbox anymore to complain about posts about you. Instead, you can file them where everyone else files theirs. Right in the special folder located here.
submitted by NoElevator202
to NataliasDumpster [link] [comments]
2023.04.17 00:58 Miserable_Hamster497 Corn flake
2023.04.10 02:02 syngmanrhee1950 I win